Physician - Administration-Administration - Management
Medical Director Care Coordination/Physician Advisor
Banner Estrella Medical Center – Phoenix, AZ
EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY TO JOIN THE GROWING TEAM OF PHYSICIANS WITH BANNER HEALTH IN A NON-CLINICAL LEADERSHIP ROLE. Banner Health is regarded and recognized as a top health system in the country for the clinical quality consistently provided to patients in our hospitals, Banner Health operates 29 hospitals, including three academic medical centers and other related health entities and services in six states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Nebraska, Nevada, and Wyoming.
This position acts as a Physician Advisor to ensure the appropriate and efficient medical management of cases while assuring the quality of care is upheld as it relates to the primary and secondary review process. A qualified candidate will provide guidance on an individual case and aggregate level to cultivate efficiency related to patient care delivery and provide medical case review, utilization, and quality review and provides recommendations, advice, and liaison services concerning quality and cost-effective patient care.
Qualifications and Essential functions include:
- Experienced Physician, minimum 5 years practice experience (especially hospital-based practice experience)
- Active Medical License required
- Solid understanding of hospital throughput and designations of inpatient status, observation service, and extended recovery.
- An understanding of medical protocols and criteria and how they impact status determination
- Understanding of clinical protocols, reimbursement challenges, and managed care principles
- Ability to perform as a Physician Advisor to ensure the medical management of cases and quality of patient care
- Working knowledge of Electronic Health Records (EHR), experience with excel and clinical documentation
Banner Health’s Total Compensation package includes:
- Competitive salary
- Paid occurrence-based malpractice
- Paid CME
- 401k retirement plan with 4% match after one year of service
- Excellent benefit package options that provide security for you and your family
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Banner Health recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds. Banner Health is an EEO/AA - M/W/D/V Employer.
Facility & Location InformationBanner Estrella Medical Center
West Valley of Phoenix, Phoenix, AZ 85037 Physician - Administration-Administration - Management
Apply for Physician - Administration-Administration - Management
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly