Interventional Radiologist Opportunity in Birmingham, AL
The Birmingham VA Medical Center located in Southside downtown Birmingham, Alabama is actively seeking a board certified or board eligible Staff Radiologist with experience and special training in interventional radiology. Certificate of added qualification (CAQ) or equivalent training in interventional radiology required. join our collegial and friendly group of radiologists in a dynamic radiology department servicing Veterans. Position is a great work-life balance with a manageable workload with opportunity to contribute to and grow the department with your field of expertise.
The full-time radiologist will provide patient care in the hospital setting to inpatients and outpatients and should be comfortable administering treatment and interpreting examinations as follows: diagnostic angiography, angioplasty, stenting, thrombolysis, embolization, radiofrequency or other forms of ablation, chemo-embolization, drainages, biliary and urinary procedures, spine procedures such as vertebroplasties and kyphoplasties. We are affiliated with the University of Alabama in Birmingham and teaching of medical students and residents is an integral part of the position. Very mminimal on-call. General call duties are shared by the group; interventional call coverage planned in near future.
Assistance with payment of medical school loans (up to $200,000)!
- Competitive Pay
- Annual performance bonus up to an additional $15K per year
- Guaranteed salary increases
- Licensure: 1 full & unrestricted license from any US State is permissible to work at this facility
- CME: $1,000 per year stipend for reimbursement; 5 Days paid absence to attend CME
- Malpractice: Liability protection with tail coverage provided
- No Employment Contract
- 26 days paid vacation; 13 days paid sick time per year w/ unlimited carry over; 10 paid holidays
- Federal Retirement Plan
- Separate 401K with partial agency match
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
Apply for Interventional Radiologist Opportunity in Birmingham, AL
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly