Pediatric Endocrinologist and Pediatric Specialty Medical Director
St. Luke s University Health Network, the region s largest, most established health system, a major teaching hospital, and one of the nation s 100 Top Hospitals is seeking a passionate BC/BE Pediatric Endocrinologist to join our Pediatric practice providing excellent care at St. Luke s University Health Network. Join St. Luke s Pediatric Endocrinology as our second pediatric endocrinologist! The current practice consists of one advanced practitioner and one physician who has grown and developed the program over the past 8 years!
St. Luke s pediatrics department is growing and expanding our offering of services. We are seeking providers who are excited by growth and new opportunities. Help us shape the future of pediatric services in our region through the addition of new pediatric subspecialists, new locations and increased inpatient capabilities!
Leadership Opportunity also Available In addition to a pediatric endocrinologist, we are seeking a Pediatric Specialty Medical Director!
This Medical Director position requires clinical and administrative responsibilities. The Medical Director will oversee in a part time capacity a growing and dynamic department that is active in clinical practice while spending most of her/his time in a clinical capacity in one of our pediatric specialty areas. The Pediatric Specialty Medical Director will play a key role in advancing the mission, operations, and services of the Department of Pediatrics.
For this leadership role, we are seeking someone ready to grow their professional career beyond clinical duties with your application please indicate if you wish to apply for the pediatric endocrinology position or both the endocrinology position and Medical Director role.
- The Department of Pediatrics consists of inpatient, primary care and specialty care providers across a variety of practice locations.
- A growing pediatric specialty department currently spanning 14 pediatric subspecialties and continuing to expand in both depth and breadth of services.
- The current inpatient unit is an 18 bed unit located at St. Luke s University Hospital in Bethlehem, PA. Pediatric volumes have grown significantly over the past few years and the service line recently expanded pediatric services within the community through the addition of a new 8 bed PICU which opened in February 2020.
- Consistently growing pediatric volumes and a strong Network commitment to expanding pediatric services within the community.
- The most robust and highest volume OB program in the region with a strong maternal and fetal medicine program which delivers over 4,000 babies per year.
- 23 bed Level III NICU located at St. Luke s University Hospital in Bethlehem, PA, 8 bed Level II NICU at St. Luke s Allentown Campus and NEW 26 bed Level III NICU at St. Luke s Anderson Campus.
- Robust 12 hospital Network spread over a diverse geographic area providing emergency care for over 350,000 patients annually.
In joining St. Luke s University Health Network you ll enjoy:
- Competitive compensation and a rich benefits package, including malpractice insurance, health and dental insurance, & CME allowance
- Starting bonus and relocation assistance!
- Work/life balance & flexibility - generous time off plans
- Team-based care with well-educated, dedicated support staff
- A culture in which innovation is highly valued
- Professional support and growth within the network
- Teaching, research, quality improvement and strategic development opportunities
About St. Luke s University Health Network
Founded in 1872, St. Luke s University Health Network (SLUHN) is a fully integrated, regional, non-profit network of more than 16,000 employees providing services at 12 hospitals and 300+ outpatient sites. With annual net revenue greater than $2 billion, the Network s service area includes 11 counties: Lehigh, Northampton, Berks, Bucks, Carbon, Montgomery, Monroe, Schuylkill and Luzerne counties in Pennsylvania and Warren and Hunterdon counties in New Jersey.
Dedicated to advancing medical education, St. Luke s is the preeminent teaching hospital in central-eastern Pennsylvania. In partnership with Temple University, St. Luke s created the Lehigh Valley s first and only regional medical school campus. It also operates the nation s longest continuously operating School of Nursing, established in 1884, and 38 fully accredited graduate medical educational programs with 347 residents and fellows.
St. Luke s is the only Lehigh Valley-based health care system with Medicare s five- and four-star ratings (the highest) for quality, efficiency and patient satisfaction. St. Luke s is both a Leapfrog Group and Healthgrades Top Hospital and a Newsweek World s Best Hospital. In 2020, two of IBM Watson Health s 100 Top Hospitals were St. Luke s hospitals. St. Luke s University Hospital has earned the 100 Top Major Teaching Hospital designation from IBM Watson Health eight times total and six years in a row. St. Luke s has also been cited by IBM Watson Health as a 50 Top Cardiovascular Program.
Utilizing the Epic electronic medical record (EMR) system for both inpatient and outpatient services, the Network is a multi-year recipient of the Most Wired award recognizing the breadth of the SLUHN s information technology applications such as telehealth, online scheduling and online pricing information. St. Luke s is also recognized as one of the state s lowest cost providers.
About the Lehigh Valley
Set amid gentle hills and charming country sides, Lehigh Valley, PA is home to Allentown, Bethlehem, and Easton, as well as dozens of small towns and picturesque boroughs, parks, trails, and waterways. Steeped in pre-Colonial, Early American, and industrial history, the region s storied past became its uplifting present, bestowing visitors anything from crayons and craft beer to Martin Guitars and museums, covered bridges, and nationally-recognized events like Musikfest and Christkindlmarkt.
Conveniently located near major cities and the Atlantic coast, the Lehigh Valley offers a wealth of activities including outdoor sports, cultural events and plenty of great dining and entertainment venues. Our providers and their families benefit from working at a top-notch health network and enjoy living in many thriving communities with high-performing public and private schools that appeal to their personal interested and circumstances.
For more information, please visit www.discoverlehighvalley.com
Apply for Pediatric Endocrinologist and Pediatric Specialty Medical Director
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly