CLINICAL FACULTY: PEDIATRIC SURGERY
Practice Academic Medicine with Top-Rated Teaching Hospital in the Sun and Recreation Corridor of Arizona at the University of Arizona and Banner University Medical Center - Tucson (BUMC-T)
The Department of General Surgery at the University of Arizona and Banner University Medical Group (BUMG) are actively seeking a Pediatric General Surgeon who is able to work well with diverse students, trainees and colleagues to provide a full range of surgical services at its Tucson campus location. The Division of General Surgery, Department of Surgery, is a dynamic environment offering comprehensive and multi-disciplinary surgical and medical care for patients. Our staff of Surgeons strive to provide the best in patient care, resident and medical student education and training, together with extensive community and academic endeavors. This position is an integral part of the women and children service line focus in the Tucson market.
Scope of practice and features include:
- Performs a variety of pediatric general and specialized surgeries on an inpatient and outpatient basis
- Will hold pediatric general surgery outpatient clinics at various locations in the Tucson area
- Serves as a clinical advisor to medical students and residents via lectures, didactics, mentoring and clinical instruction
- Takes night and weekend call as needed
- Conducts research appropriate to academic medicine
In addition, the candidate must meet the following:
- BC/BE in General Surgery
- Board Certified or Board Eligible in Pediatric Surgery
- Evidence of clinical and didactic teaching ability
- Established expertise in working with diverse patient populations
The physician hired will have the opportunity to develop a Full-Time clinical practice, educate residents and medical students, encouraged to participate in clinical and/or basic science research and will have a faculty appointment commensurate with their credentials.
BUMC-T values patient-centered care and health care innovation. We were named a U.S. News and World Report Best Hospital and ranked No. 3 Hospital in Arizona. Tucson, located in the Sonoran Desert surrounded by multiple mountain ranges, is a very friendly Southwestern town where you and your family will have time to enjoy it all!
We offer generous compensation plus incentives, paid malpractice, paid CME plus allowance and outstanding benefits that provide security for you and your family. Please submit your CV for immediate consideration, to: email@example.com For questions, please call Linda Montano, Sourcing Strategist, at: 520-694-6730. Visit our website at: www.bannerdocs.com
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Banner University Medical Group (BUMG) recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds. BUMG is an EEO/AA - M/W/D/V Employer.