Click HERE for full description.
The Texas Tech Health Sciences School of Medicine Regional Campus in Amarillo, TX is searching for a new Chairperson after its present Chair, Dr. Robert Kauffman is stepping down after 12 years in the position. The new Chairperson will be at the Professor or Associate Professor level. With groundbreaking for the School of Veterinary Medicine, Amarillo will be the only city in the county with a medical school, pharmacy school, and veterinary school on a single campus.
- Clinical Activity: provide outstanding inpatient and outpatient care and develop an active clinical practice. Ensure effective and efficient operational functions to maximize patient care revenue. Mentorship to junior faculty and residents. Maintain relationships with local hospital administrators and participate in hospital activities. Outreach to community physicians.
- Education: Provide leadership in education of students and residents including lecturing and hospital rounds. Assist residency program and student clerkship directors in their duties. Support multidisciplinary education with other academic departments of the medical school.
- Administrative Activity: Oversee all aspects of the department including budgetary administration, conduct faculty meetings and participating in university committees. Recruit new faculty as needed. Provide vision for new programs and community outreach. Collaboration with director of the laboratory and ultrasound divisions. Participation in ACOG or subspecialty state and national committees.
- Scholarly Activity: Prior scholarly activity is strongly recommended with basic knowledge of research and extramural grant procurement. Mentor junior faculty, residents, and students in publishing and participation in various aspects of scholarship.
About the Department
Welcome to the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology in Amarillo. We are located within the campus of Harrington Regional Medical Center which includes our outpatient facilities and our teaching hospitals – Northwest Texas Healthcare System and Baptist St. Anthony’s Healthcare System. The medical center serves as the regional referral center for areas of West Texas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Colorado, and Kansas. Our comprehensive outpatient facility provides a superb site for education and clinical care with services including obstetric and gynecologic ultrasound, bone densitometry, urodynamic testing, comprehensive obstetric and gynecologic care including subspecialty care, and a unique women’s health center combining the services of internal medicine and obstetrics and gynecology. Our physicians and staff pay careful attention to our roles in the education of medical students and residents, research in women’s health and reproduction, and the delivery of patient care to women.
Our residency program has an excellent reputation for providing a broad spectrum of scholarly and clinical experiences enabling graduates to excel as independently practicing obstetrician/gynecologists or continue into a fellowship program.
By the Numbers: Average of 2,323 clinic visits per month, approx. 2000 deliveries/year, approx. 100 gyn surgeries/year, 20 beds in L&D, 8 faculty members, 1 PA, 2 NPs, 12 residents
- BC in OB/GYN.
- Eligible for Texas medical license.
- Preferred Administrative experience with budget management
- The candidate should have exemplary clinical skills, a team spirit, collegiality and an interest in teaching and/or clinically based scholarly activity.
Amarillo, Texas is a unique and history-rich area located where the southern plains meet the desert. Amarillo and the surrounding Panhandle area are a unique blend of two American eras; working western ranches and a vibrant twenty-first-century economy - making Amarillo the perfect mix of old and new Texas traditions.
Amarillo is the perfect place to get a big taste of Texas even if you only have a small amount of time. From canyons to old Cadillacs and gigantic steaks to grand scenery, the city is an Old West enthusiast's dream. One of the country's best collections of Western art and artifacts can be found at the Panhandle-Plains Historical Museum. Mosey on over to the Amarillo Livestock Auction to mingle with real cowboys as they go about the business of buying and selling cattle. For those with interests that are more modern, the city boasts a great art museum and beautiful botanical gardens. If you're traveling with kids, don't miss the thrilling rides at Wonderland Park. The whole family will be in awe of the fantastic rock formations at Palo Duro Canyon State Park.
Amarillo is a growing city and offers the best in education, entertainment, and medical needs in West Texas. It was ranked as one of the best cities for young adults by Forbes Magazine. The metropolitan population is made up of 200K+, with an even larger catchment population. Residents enjoy an easy going lifestyle with low cost of living, unique restaurants, cultural centers, bars and boutiques, and a drive of less than 20 minutes to anywhere in the city.
Professional sports teams and a variety of cultural venues (Amarillo has its own professional opera, ballet, and symphony) make it a family friendly city. Amarillo is 15 minutes from the second largest canyon in the U.S. which offers unique hiking and camping experiences. Amarillo represents the true Southwest and is just 4-6 hours away from destinations like Santa Fe, Denver, and Oklahoma City.
Ready to build your legacy at Texas Tech?
Contact Sarah.Harris@ttuhsc.edu, Director of Faculty Recruitment
Please apply online: (21965BR) https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/Home/Home?partnerid=25898&siteid=5281#jobDetails=538061_5281
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Apply for OBGYN Chair
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly