Site Medical Director - PT (15 hours) Correctional Facility
Thrive at the intersection of medical care and leadership. As we continue to take bold steps to transform the correctional healthcare industry. We are in need of a strong leader to provide and oversee medical care at our facility. Looking for a proven self-starter, who can quickly assess medical situations and provide exceptional guidance along the way. Provide overall supervision for clinical services for the site. Serves as the liaison for clinical matters with medical providers outside the system and provides “on-call” services.
- Reports to the assigned facility at the designated time to examine referred patients.
- Performs medical examinations on all new inmates within 72 hours of admission.
- Conducts “Doctor Sick Call” to examine and treat those inmates requesting care and who, after being triaged by the nursing staff, require the services of a physician.
- Evaluates the credentials of health care providers of the assigned facility at the designated time to examine referred patients.
- Assures the implementation and on-going supervision of the on-site chronic clinics.
- Assumes the role of primary care physician to inmates and coordinates care both at the jail and off site.
- Supervises clinical services provided by the professional and paraprofessional staff.
- Annually reviews and approves clinical protocols, policies and procedures as well the medical disaster plan.
- When appropriate, utilizes available in-house resources for treatment or resolution of identified problems before referring to off-site providers.
- Monitors all referrals to outside health care facilities for appropriateness, quality and continuity of care.
- Routine pharmacological management and evaluation, including the monitoring of all non-formulary medication at the assigned facility.
- Ensures that all telephone orders are countersigned within 72 hours .
- Provides emergency treatment on-site and responds appropriately in urgent or emergency situations.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must possess a degree in medicine (M.D./D.O.) from an accredited medical school.
- Must be licensed to perform medicine and must be CDS certified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.