Body / Abdominal Imaging Attending Physician, Radiology
The Department of Radiology at NYC Health + Hospitals/Harlem is recruiting a full time Abdominal/Body Imager for its Division of Body Imaging. We are seeking a candidate at the Assistant Professor level or higher to join our growing division. New graduates are also encouraged to apply. We are a collegial subspecialty trained department that values clinical expertise, scholarly education of our radiology residents, and faculty development and well-being. Our department has overnight attending coverage. The position will offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits as well as an academic appointment via our academic affiliation with Columbia University. The successful applicant will be fellowship trained in Abdominal/Body Imaging, must possess an M.D. or D.O. degree, and must be ABR certified or eligible in Diagnostic Radiology.
Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is one of the largest multi-disciplinary groups in the country whose main purpose is to nurture and embolden the healthcare providers who take care of the most fragile and vulnerable patients in New York City. PAGNY people do more than diagnose and treat; we uplift the spirits and dignity of patients because we love what we do, and it shows. PAGNY is committed to recruiting and retaining productive and enthusiastic physicians and promotes our health professionals wellness.
PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
NYC Health + Hospitals/Harlem, located on 135th Street in Manhattan. It is a level II trauma center, a designated stroke center and bariatric center with medical, surgical, cardiac, burn and neonatal ICUs as well as a busy emergency department caring for a broad spectrum of patients from various socioeconomic backgrounds. The Department of Radiology is accredited as a Diagnostic Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology. Our department is exposed to emergency, inpatient and outpatient cases with a broad spectrum of pathology. The faculty is subspecialty trained and provides daily clinical case based and didactic radiology conferences as well as monthly journal club and monthly or weekly interdepartmental conferences with the neurology, neurosurgical, gastroenterology, pulmonary, nephrology, ob-gyn, and general surgery services. Our teams provide services for nearly 213,000 outpatient visits, more than 83,000 emergency room visits and over 13,000 inpatient admissions annually. The hospital maintains an academic affiliation with Columbia University Medical Center.
- Completion of the day s radiology case volume specific to the body imaging section or other assignments prior to departure.
- Providing monthly lectures to our radiology residents and participation in interdisciplinary conferences.
- Teaching Columbia University medical students on rotation within our department.
- Participation in clinical research opportunities as well as departmental Quality Improvement.
- Current ABR/AOBR certification or ABR eligibility and fellowship training in Body Imaging/Abdominal Radiology.
- Ability to read Body CT, MRI, Ultrasound, X-ray/fluoroscopy.
- Active New York State medical license.
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service
- Columbia University academic appointment
- Clinical research opportunities
- Growth and leadership opportunities
- Flexible and equitable scheduling, Overnight call is not required
- State of the art PACS with integrated EMR, Workflow Intelligence worklist, and concierge service for communication of critical values to referring providers.
- Choice of a three-tiered nearly FREE medical plan
- Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage
- Generous paid time off program
- CME days and dollars
- Eligibility for loan forgiveness through the National Student Debt Forgiveness Center
- Visa candidates are considered
- Medical Malpractice policy coverage
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Apply for Body / Abdominal Imaging Attending Physician, Radiology
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly