Ortho Traumatologist - West Coast of Florida
First Physicians Group of Sarasota Memorial Health Care System is seeking to employ a BC/BE Orthopedic Traumatologist from an accredited Fellowship Program to join their employed physician group on the West Coast of Florida in October 2021.
First Physicians Group is one of Florida's gulf coast's leaders in primary and specialty care with an impressive 26-year history in the community. With 250+ Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers in 29 different specialties and 42 practice locations, it is backed by the tradition and strength of Sarasota Memorial Hospital.
Sarasota is recognized as one of the best places in the country to live, work and raise a family due to a healthy business scene, outstanding schools, and thriving recreational and cultural opportunities. Located on Florida’s Southwest Gulf Coast, Sarasota County is famous worldwide for white-sand beaches, great restaurants, outdoor recreation, land and water sports, museums, theater and much more.
The Orthopedic Trauma division is comprised of two (2) Traumatologists and three (3) Advanced Practice Providers along with a team of clinical and administrative support staff. It is an established practice that is growing to meet the needs of the community and to cover a new acute-care hospital in Venice, FL that is set to open in October 2021.
Highlights of the position include:
- Level II Trauma Center
- 1000 cases a year Orthopedic Trauma Service
- High Energy/Geriatric Trauma Mix
- Research Opportunities are available.
- Teaching Florida State University IM and EM Residents and FSU Medical Students is available.
- Competitive salary with productivity, quality incentives and a full array of benefits – CME, PTO, Health, Dental, Vision, 403B Retirement Plan, and much more.
- Licensed in the State of Florida is required but we will accept CVs from physicians interested in applying for a FL license.
- We are a not-for-profit organization. Physicians can participate in the PSLF program if employed by FPG.
- As an employee of a public, State of Florida organization, physicians are entitled to sovereign immunity.
Sarasota Memorial Health Care System, an 839-bed regional medical center, is among the largest public health systems in Florida. With over 6,000 employees, 1,000 physicians and 750 volunteers, it is one of Sarasota County's largest employers. It is a full-service health system, with specialized expertise in gastroenterology, heart, vascular, cancer, and neuroscience services, as well as a network of outpatient centers, long-term care and rehabilitation among its many programs. The hospital has been awarded Magnet Nursing designation four times – the nation's highest honor for excellence in nursing. Sarasota Memorial is a CMS 5-Star rated hospital in Florida for its overall quality. It is the only hospital in Florida and one of just 52 across the nation to maintain their top rating since 2016.
Apply for Ortho Traumatologist - West Coast of Florida
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly