MercyOne Des Moines Cancer Center is seeking an experienced Gynecological Oncologist to join its busy practice and fill unutilized need for a Gynecological Oncologist. The ideal candidate would be growth minded, compassionate, team focused, interested in leadership role. We welcome applicants with interest in building and leading a practice.
- Block OR time
- Lifestyle friendly call rotation
- Dedicated Gynecological Oncology Tumor Board
- Mix of robotic, laparoscopic and open surgical procedures
- Chemotherapy Infusion center
- Participation in gynecological oncology clinical trials and translational research
- Large referral base of primary care physicians and a statewide referral network
- Physicians supported by experienced Nurse Navigators, Genetic Counselors
- Academic Appointment/Medical Student Education
- Cutting edge technology- Dual head DaVinci Robot Xi, IORT, new CyberKnife SRS
- NCORP Grant for expanding research
- Competitive compensation package sign on bonus/Student Loan Repayment
- Paid Malpractice
- 401k Match
At the MercyOne Cancer Center, you will become part of a team of experts that provide the best oncology care with a statewide referral network. Accredited by the Commission on Cancer, with tertiary service area of 1.5 million people with the latest technology including the newest Cyberknife Radiosurgery System and the da Vinci Surgical System. Other accreditations include the National Accreditation Program for Rectal Cancer (NAPRC), National Accreditation Program for Breast Cancer (NAPRC) and the American College of Radiology. Our vision for the future includes a $16 million capital campaign to build a new cancer center named after our longtime medical director Dr. Richard Deming. Nearly $6 million has been raised so far and our focus will be on multi-disciplinary care, research and additional services such as survivorship, navigation and palliative care.
Greater Des Moines is consistently ranked nationally among the best places to live with low cost of living and strong job market. Spend Saturdays at the nationally-renowned Downtown Farmers' Market and afternoons strolling in the Pappajohn Sculpture Park. Bike to the job you love and come home to the community of friends and family. Enjoy abundant trails for walking, running and biking. Surrounding suburbs are known for top-notch schools, clean and safe neighborhoods. Cultural events, music and art festivals, the Iowa State Fair and Iowa Cubs games at Principal Park are just a few attractions Des Moines has to offer. This is a place where culture flourishes and opportunities can grow, where a work/life balance can be achieved, where education is unmatched and award-winning arts and entertainment is always just around the corner. Live life without compromise.
Apply for Gynecological Oncologist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly