Outpatient Pulmonary Medicine
Candidate Type: MD, DO
Visas Accepted: No J1 or H1
Salary Range: Not Specified
Employment Type: Full Time
Bonus Offered: Sign-on, Quality, Relocation
Who: CHI Memorial Medical Group
Agency: No agency solicitation, please
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Life, ST & LT Disability, 31 days Paid Time Off, $3K CME, $3K For Professional Fees, Relocation Package, Sign-On Bonus
Bonuses: Eligible for annual bonuses following the guarantee period
Compensation: Highly competitive; 50th percentile
CHI Memorial Hospital is recruiting for a Pulmonary Medicine position for our growing practice. For over five years we have had strong growth in our clinics and pulmonary consult service. This practice has grown to 13 Doctors and 3 Advance Practice Providers. Current group great diversity and allows for a great work environment.
Clinic weeks have protected bronchoscopy time, one week of pulmonary consults around once every 4 weeks. This scheduled allows for a great work-life balance with vacation time included.
This practice covers a healthy three hospital program however physicians will be assigned only to one hospital for physician efficiency and a continuum of patient care. Current medical intensive care unit beds include 14 MICU, 20 Cardiac Care Unit, and critical care consults in the Cardiovascular ICU. This position focuses on outpatient and pulmonary consultative services.
Currently using Epic in the hospital with soon to have Epic in the clinic to allow a continuum of patient charting and physician efficiency. Furthermore, hospital navigators and other support staff are setup to help with efficiency to allow a healthy work-life balance.
About CHI Memorial
Chattanooga’s ONLY 4STAR rated hospital. CHI Memorial tops CMS list in the region.
CHI Memorial is ranked the 2nd BEST HOSPITAL in TN by US News.
CHI Memorial is recognized as one of the nation's 100 Top Hospitals® by Thomson Reuters, the health care industry's leading source of information on hospital quality and “100 Great Community Hospitals” by Becker’s Hospital Review.
A survey, by Medicare.gov, intended to help consumers purchase the best health care insurance ranks CHI Memorial Healthcare System as tops in the Chattanooga area for patient satisfaction.
To see the story, Control and click on the link:http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/local/story/2016/jan/07/memorial-ranked-top-local-hospital-patient- sa/343529
CHI Memorial is a not-for-profit, faith-based 443-bed healthcare system with 3 campuses (Chattanooga and Hixson in TN and Fort Oglethorpe in GA). The acquisition of formerly Cornerstone Medical Center was completed in December 2017.
CHI Memorial is a Regional Referral Center of choice... over 700 Physicians on staff and over 4,000 associates, and 550 very active volunteers providing healthcare throughout Southeast Tennessee and North Georgia. Our Center of Excellence core service lines include Oncology, Cardiac, and Orthopedics.
With the completion of our 320 million dollar renovation in July 2014, 300,000 sq. ft. have been added to the campus, added 96 patient rooms to a brand new seven-story tower, St. Anne’s Chapel with original stained glass windows, a 52 bed, State of the Art, ICU; Guerry Heart and Vascular Center, 7 cardiac catheterization rooms, State of the Art Cardiac Short Stay and Critical Care Unit and grew our patient navigation program to encompass all cancer centers of excellence and the congestive heart failure program.
About Chattanooga, TN
- #1 OUTSIDE CITY by Outside Magazine!
- Chattanooga, Tennessee is noted as "The Scenic City" and “GIG City” – fastest internet in the South; nestled in the heart of the mountains where the states of Georgia, North Carolina and Tennessee meet.
- Two hours to Atlanta, Nashville, and Birmingham.
- "America's Top-Rated Cities" and "Top 10 City" in which to live and play; "Top 10 Southern Mid-Markets with Highly Diversified Economies" and one of the "Smartest Cities in the World" in which to live.
- Voted “Best Town Ever” by Outside Magazine in 2015 and 2011.
- This vibrant city blends "Big City" amenities with an ease of a smaller city offering: a family friendly and safe atmosphere in which to live, easily commutable, moderate cost of living, $120 million revitalized riverfront, very active Arts Council, Museums, and an extensive green way system. Outdoor activities are abundant ranging from hang-gliding off Lookout Mountain, to floating down the Sequatchie River, to biking and horseback riding through the scenic countryside. If you are a water sport enthusiast, you will want to visit nearby Nickajack and Chickamauga Lakes or kayak/raft down the Great Ocoee River (host to the Summer Olympics). Chattanooga also has numerous challenging golf courses (Chattanooga plays host to the PGA Event - Provident Classic).
- The public school system in the area is very good and offers excellent local private schools providing unsurpassed educational opportunities from Signal Mountain to Lookout Mountain.
- The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga offers a wide range of majors in undergraduate, graduate courses and medical education - 9 residency programs and 4 fellowship program
- Population: 180,273
- Metro Population: 574,922
- 9% growth in population
- Median Age: 39.7
- Average Temp: 60.5 degrees F
- Moderate climate with four distinctive seasons
No State Income Tax
- Great Public & Private School options
- Foothills of the Appalachian Mountains and Cumberland Plateau
- Tennessee Aquarium
- Hunter Museum of American Art Creative Discovery Museum IMAX 3D Theater
Chattanooga Choo Choo Chattanooga Zoo
- Rock City
- Ruby Falls
- Chattanooga Symphony Orchestra
- White Water Rafting
- Rock Climbing – Largest Indoor Facility - Mountain Climbing Hamilton Place Mall is TN's largest mall - 5 Regional Shopping Malls Chattanooga Look Outs AA Baseball Team (Cincinnati Reds affiliate)
- 106 sites throughout Chattanooga 800+ acres maintained
- 35 miles of greenway & trails 53 tennis courts
- 41 playgrounds
- 8 outdoor fitness zones
- 6 youth athletic association facilities 3 dog parks
- 21 Golf Courses
Who We Are
CHI is part of CommonSpirit Health, a nonprofit, Catholic health system dedicated to advancing health for all people. It was created in February 2019 through the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives and Dignity Health. CommonSpirit Health is committed to creating healthier communities, delivering exceptional patient care, and ensuring every person has access to quality health care. With its national office in Chicago and a team of approximately 150,000 employees, physicians and advanced practice clinicians, CommonSpirit Health operates 142 hospitals and more than 700 care sites across 21 states. In FY 2018, Catholic Health Initiatives and Dignity Health had combined revenues of $29.2 billion and provided $4.2 billion in charity care, community benefit, and unreimbursed government programs. Learn more at www.commonspirit.org.
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers and support a drug-free work environment.
Apply for Outpatient Pulmonary Medicine
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly