Physician - Endocrinologist
As the multi-specialty group practice for the faculty of the University of Minnesota Medical School, University of Minnesota Physicians has more than 950 physicians and 1,600 health professionals, providing clinical care in over 100 specialty and sub-specialty areas. Our mission is three-fold: delivering exceptional patient care, advancing medicine through research, and training the next generation of health professionals. As the multi-specialty group practice for the faculty of the University of Minnesota Medical School, University of Minnesota Physicians has more than 950 physicians and 1,600 health professionals, providing clinical care in over 100 specialty and sub-specialty areas. Our mission is three-fold: delivering exceptional patient care, advancing medicine through research, and training the next generation of health professionals. University of Minnesota Physicians is seeking an Endocrinologist Physician to join our practices in Minneapolis and Maple Grove. Practice Details:
- This position will see patients at the M Health Fairview Clinics and Surgery Centers in Maple Grove and Minneapolis.
- This role will be mainly an outpatient, clinical setting encompassing a full spectrum of care that includes: diagnosis and management of diabetes, osteoporosis and disorders of the thyroid, adrenal, pituitary and parathyroid glands.
- Patients are admitted to the M Health University of Minnesota Medical Center.
- Support the expansion of our Endocrinology services across the continuum of complexities, throughout our community and university affiliated clinics.
- The Endocrinologist will be an integral team member in the development and implementation of an Endocrinology service across the M Health Fairview care system.
- Consults with patients to determine the appropriate course of treatment.
- Perform medical procedures as necessary.
- Assess patient health through interviews and physical examinations.
- Order, interpret, and monitor diagnostic tests on medical conditions to determine a diagnosis.
- Prescribe medications and treatment plans.
- Facilitate referrals to other healthcare professional and medical facilities.
- Attends leadership meetings as deemed necessary.
- Fully integrated Electronic Medical Record (EPIC).
- This is a full time (1.0 FTE) position.
- Call Frequency: low intensity and phone consultation only
- H1B Visa accepted (If applicable).
- Market competitive compensation.
- Comprehensive benefits package: generous time off, annual CME allowance, malpractice insurance with tail coverage, retirement contributions, relocation & more.
- Graduate of an accredited ACGME internal medicine residency and endocrinology fellowship training program.
- Board eligible/certified with ABIM.
- Licensed or ability to obtain Minnesota Board of Medical Practice Licensure.
- Ability to obtain/maintain DEA certification in the State of Minnesota.
- Meet threshold criteria/qualifications for Credentialing and Privileges.
- Ability to receive work authorization in the United States from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services and maintain legal status according to the requirements of VISA category while in the United States.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional collaboration abilities with partners and staff.
- Understands and places importance on patient care/service.
- Detail oriented and self-motivated.
- Education focused and a creative problem-solver.
Apply for Physician - Endocrinologist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly