Faculty Physician - Endocrinology - Research (Associate Professor)
As the multi-specialty group practice for the faculty of the University of Minnesota Medical School, University of Minnesota Physicians has more than 950 physicians and 1,600 health professionals, providing clinical care in over 100 specialty and sub-specialty areas. Our mission is three-fold: delivering exceptional patient care, advancing medicine through research, and training the next generation of health professionals. The Department of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology and Diabetes at the University of Minnesota is seeking an outstanding scientist in the field of diabetes and obesity to participate in building a nationally-recognized research division within a growing department. About the Appointment:
- The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in extramural funding, a history of collaborative research, and experience in teaching and mentoring.
- Responsibilities include maintaining an active research program, participating in educational activities of the division, and leading activities to build collaborative research in diabetes and obesity.
- Advanced scientific degree (PhD, MD, DO, or any combination)
- Academic experiences that will allow appointment at the level of associate professor, tenure track or higher
- Physician scientists are urged to apply, but will be asked to have limited responsibilities in the clinical aspects of the division.
- Ability to receive work authorization in the United States from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services and maintain legal status according to the requirements of VISA category while in the United States.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented and self-motivated
- Education focused and a creative problem-solver
Apply for Faculty Physician - Endocrinology - Research (Associate Professor)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly