3 days left
- Position Type
What kind of doctor works in corrections?
Doctors just like you.
By now, doctors know California Correctional Health Care Services (CCHCS) offers more than just great pay and State of California benefits. Whatever your professional interest, CCHCS can help you continue to hone your skills in public health, disease management and education, addiction medicine, and so much more. All without the burdens of battling insurance companies or unrealistic RVUs.
$282,216 - $296,328 (Time-Limited Board Certified)
$268,080 - $281,496 (Lifetime Board Certified)
$253,992 - $266,700 (Pre-Board Certified)
$324,540 - $340,776 (Time-Limited Board Certified)
$308,292 - $323,712 (Lifetime Board Certified)
$292,080 - $306,696 (Pre-Board Certified)
Join doctors just like you in one of these locations:
- Pelican Bay State Prison – Crescent City
- Salinas Valley State Prison (Psychiatric Inpatient Program) – Soledad*
- Sierra Conservation Center – Jamestown
*Doctors at this institution receive additional 15% pay.
CCHCS offers a competitive compensation package, including:
- 40-hour workweek (affords you true work-life balance)
- Generous paid time off and holiday schedule
- State of California retirement that vests in 5 years (visit CalPERS.ca.gov for retirement formulas)
- Robust 401(k) and 457 savings plans (tax defer up to $39,000 - $52,000 per year)
- Paid Insurance, license, and DEA renewal
- Paid CME, with paid time off to attend
- And much more
Contact Danny Richardson at CentralizedHiringUnit@cdcr.ca.gov or (916) 691-3155. To apply online, visit www.cchcs.ca.gov.
Effective July 1, 2020, in response to the economic crisis caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, the Personal Leave Program 2020 (PLP 2020) was implemented. PLP 2020 requires that each full-time employee receive a 9.23 percent reduction in pay in exchange for 16 hours PLP 2020 leave credits monthly through June 2022.