ACADEMIC TRANSPLANT NEPHROLOGIST
Practice Academic Medicine with Top-Rated Teaching Hospital in the Sun and Recreation Corridor of Arizona at Banner University Medical Center - Tucson (BUMC-T)
The Division of Nephrology at the University of Arizona is recruiting a Clinical Transplant Nephrologist at the Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor level. The selected candidate will be part of a growing team of committed academic physicians serving the expanding population of Southern Arizona. Will attend inpatient transplant nephrology consult services as well as outpatient care of patients with chronic/acute kidney disease. In addition, there will be opportunities to participate in the rapid expansion of our transplant program affiliated with Banner University Medical Center-Tucson. There is also ample opportunity for academic growth, development, and mentorship. The candidate selected will receive a non-tenured faculty appointment to the University of Arizona commensurate with their credentials. Competitive packages will be available for the appropriate candidate.
- Board Certified/Board Eligible Nephrology
- Successful completion of a Nephrology Fellowship
- Training/experience with Renal Biopsy, Hemodialysis, Peritoneal Dialysis, Dialysis Catheters, Transplant
- Desire and ability to participate in clinical research, teaching, publications
Work Schedule / Call:
- 3-4 clinics per week plus 6 months as the attending on service
- Inpatient Rounding: 25-30 patients/average
- Outpatient Clinic: 12 patients/average (Open clinic environment)
- Weekend/night call: 1:4-5 (shared equally)
Banner Health and University of Arizona Health Network have come together to form Banner – University Medicine, a health system anchored in Phoenix and Tucson that makes the highest level of care accessible to Arizona residents. At the heart of this partnership is academic medicine – research, teaching, and patient care – across three academic medical centers.
- University town with small-town feel and large town culture and entertainment
- Warm sunny climate year-round
- Moderate cost of living
- Outdoor Adventures: golfing, hiking, biking, horseback riding, swimming, and nearby skiing
- Heritage and culture: galleries, old presidio, museums, missions
- Culinary: great selection of cuisine with a vibrant, newly renovated downtown
We offer a generous salary and benefits. Please submit your letter of interest and CV for immediate consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org For questions, please call Tara Waltz, Sourcing Strategist, at 602-747-8203 Visit our website at www.bannerdocs.com
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Banner University Medical Group (BUMG) recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds. BUMG is an EEO/AA - M/W/D/V Employer.
Apply for ACADEMIC TRANSPLANT NEPHROLOGIST
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly