Physician - Whole Health System Clinical Director
As a Physician - Whole Health System Clinical Director, the duties will include but are not limited to:
- Provide leadership to the Whole Health System.
- Plan and direct the educational and clinical experience of any potential medical students, residents, and fellows assigned to the Whole Health System.
- Advocate for the Whole Health System with VHA leadership and the medical community.
- Jointly select Whole Health System team members.
- Providing clinical input and oversight for all patient treatment plans.
- Participating in Whole Health System team meetings.
- Keeping the Whole Health System team apprised of medical care advances and practice standards.
- Collaborating with other Whole Health System Directors, VISN leadership, and VA Central Office (OPCC & CT) staff on program development issues.
- Creating strategic partnerships with VHA facility program directors and service line chiefs.
- Creating strategic partnerships with community organizations in order to promote health and well-being offerings within the community (optional) chairs whole health steering committee and provides oversight to supervisors of 3 elements of Whole Health System (empowerment - pathway, equipping- well-being/self-care, and treatment-whole health clinical care).
- Provides direct line supervision to program managers and supervisors for several components of the Whole Health System.
- Occupies the lead management role within the Whole Health System.
- Development and implementation of measures to ensure efficiency and effectiveness in the designated areas of responsibility. This includes a strong handle of data, billing, and coding needs.
- Supporting clinical training and continuing professional development throughout the Whole Health System team in line with personal and professional development plans and organizational/clinical need.
- Working closely with management team colleagues and senior clinicians on the recruitment of permanent, temporary and locum staff.
- Provision of strategic clinical input and ensuring effective advice to the Service line ACOS, service line chief, and executive team.
- Development of annual budgetary report based on quality activity and financial information and projections.
- Promotion and development of measures to enable the Director to monitor Whole health system staff individual performance and to assess clinical outcomes; and addressing performance issues at Director, Team and individual level.
Financial Disclosure Report:Not required
Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP): Not Authorized
Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship; non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Designated and/or random drug testing required
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
- You may be required to serve a probationary period
- Subject to a background/security investigation
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process
- Must pass pre-employment physical examination
Applicants pending the completion of educational, certification/licensure, or residency requirements may be referred and tentatively selected but may not be hired until all requirements are met. All requirements have to be met within 6 months of the closing date.
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.*TRANSCRIPT REQUIRED*
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.*PROOF OF LICENSURE REQUIRED*
- Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below.
Reference:VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.
Physical Requirements:This position include the following tasks which may be performed intermittently: lifting of up to 10 lbs., sitting (4 hours), standing (2 hours), walking (2 hours), bending/stooping (1 hour), twisting (1/2 hour), simple grasping (4 hours), fine manipulation (6 hours), reaching above the shoulder (1/2 hour), and operating machinery (1/2 hour).Education
Note:Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S. Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities, schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal employment. You can verify your education here:http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. For further information, visit:http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Apply for Physician - Whole Health System Clinical Director
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly