The Staff Anesthesiologist has responsibility for providing a complete range of anesthetic care to patients including pre-operative assessment, intra-procedure anesthetic administration, monitored anesthesia care, and post-anesthetic care, in compliance with national Joint Commission accreditation standards.
Malpractice:Physician are covered under the Tort Claims Protection Act.
Paid Time Off:8 hours Annual Leave accrued per biweekly pay period; 4 hours Sick Leave accrued per biweekly pay period; 10 paid Federal holidays.
Incentives:The incumbent for this position may be eligible to apply for an award up to the maximum limitation under the provisions of the "Education Debt Reduction Program." Please contact Human Resources at this medical center and speak with the Education Debt Reduction Program Coordinator for additional information
Work Schedule:Various shifts available to meet the needs of the organization- to be discussed at time of interview.
Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship; non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Designated and/or random drug testing required
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
- You may be required to serve a probationary period
- Subject to a background/security investigation
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process
- Must pass pre-employment physical examination
Applicants pending the completion of educational or certification/licensure requirements may be referred and tentatively selected but may not be hired until all requirements are met.
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below.
Reference:VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.
Physical Requirements:See VA Handbook 5005, Part III, Chapter 2, paragraph 7, and VA Handbook 5019, Occupational Health Services. All applicants must be physically and mentally able to perform efficiently the duties of the position.Education
Note:Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S. Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities, schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal employment. You can verify your education here:http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. For further information, visit:http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Apply for Physician (Anesthesiologist)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly