Physician (Home Based Primary Care Medical Director)
NOTE: This vacancy will remain open until filled. The first round of application reviews will be completed no later than 12 June 2020, and then every week until the vacancy has been filled.
The Central Alabama Veteran Health Care System (CAVHCS) is a consolidated health care system that includes VA Medical Centers in Montgomery and Tuskegee Alabama as well as Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOC) in Dothan Alabama, Ft. Rucker Alabama, Monroeville Alabama, and Columbus Georgia. The incumbent will be required to work on site at the other locations as required.
Education and length of practice are considered through a formal pay-setting process to determine the final compensable salary (Base Pay + Market Pay)
This position is with the Geriatric and Extended Care Service. The incumbent is responsible as the physician for the care of veterans enrolled in the Home-Based Primary Care Program in Tuskegee. The physician is expected to accompany the nurse in visiting patients in their home on initial evaluations. The physician conducts Interdisciplinary Treatment with the staff. Physician will also work with veterans and their families by telephone, when necessary to ensure quality comprehensive care is available to the veteran enrolled in the program. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- consulting with clinical and provide medical advice to peers and other staff related to medical direction for home care.
- ensure achievement of the clinical and education goals and applicable performance measures
- serves as a key clinical resource for matters involving home based primary care
- serves as staff physician
- provides comprehensive care for veteran population such as diagnosis, care, and treatment of assigned patients
- orders test, x-rays, EKGs, and other diagnostic procedures needed to promote care
Financial Disclosure Report:Not requiredTravel Required
75% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.Supervisory status
- Job family (Series)
0602 Medical Officer
- U.S. Citizenship; non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Designated and/or random drug testing required
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
- You may be required to serve a probationary period
- Subject to a background/security investigation
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process
- Must pass pre-employment physical examination
Conditions of Employment
Applicants pending the completion of educational or certification/licensure requirements may be referred and tentatively selected but may not be hired until all requirements are met.
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.https://lcme.org/,https://osteopathic.org/accreditation/For Foreign education.https://www.ecfmg.org/
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification.https://www.acgme.org/,https://osteopathic.org/
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below.
Reference:VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.
Physical Requirements:Standing for extended periods, use of fingers and both hands, ability for rapid mental and muscular coordination simultaneously, near vision correctable at 13" to 16" Jaeger 1 to 4; ability to distinguish basic colors, emotional and mental stability. Hearing aid is permitted. Incumbents may experience exposure to blood and body fluids.Education
Note:Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S. Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities, schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal employment. You can verify your education here:http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/.
If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. For further information, visit:http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Apply for Physician (Home Based Primary Care Medical Director)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly