Physician (Critical Care Pulmonologist)
Teaching medical students, residents and fellows.
Practice includes outpatient and inpatient sleep services and/or outpatient and inpatient pulmonary consultation and medical intensive care unit staffing.
May be a joint appointment with the University of Missouri School of Medicine-Columbia. Pulmonary procedures to include PFT interpretation, bronchoscopy, EBUS bronchoscopy, conducting outpatient pulmonary clinics, performing inpatient pulmonary consults, providing medical ICU coverage, performing critical care medicine procedures, and performing critical care consults. The selected provider will be able to actively participate with the and/or pulmonary critical care medicine fellowship program, and other duties as assigned.
Work Schedule:To be discussed with the Service Line
Financial Disclosure Report:Not requiredTravel Required
Not requiredSupervisory status
Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship; non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Designated and/or random drug testing required
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
- You may be required to serve a probationary period
- Subject to a background/security investigation
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process
- Must pass pre-employment physical examination
Applicants pending the completion of educational or certification/licensure requirements may be referred and tentatively selected but may not be hired until all requirements are met.
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below.
Reference:VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.
Physical Requirements:Physical requirements include, but are not limited to: moderate lifting (15-44 pounds), light carrying (under 15 pounds), straight pulling, pushing, reaching above shoulder, use of fingers, walking, standing, kneeling, repeated bending, ability for rapid mental and muscular coordination simultaneously, near vision correctable (at 13" to 16" to jaeger 1 to 4), far vision correctable ( in one eye to 20/20 and to 20/40 in the other), hearing (aid permitted), emotional and mental stability, and clear speech.
Note:Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S. Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities, schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal employment. You can verify your education here:http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. For further information, visit:http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Apply for Physician (Critical Care Pulmonologist)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly