This position reports to the Associate Chief of Staff for Geriatrics & Extended Care, who reports to the Chief of Staff.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Respond to routine requests for Inpatient Geriatric Consultation from Geriatric Psychiatry Unit and hospital teams throughout the week.
- Participate in care plan meetings and family meetings in conjunction with clients' care needs
- Serve in rotation for GEC on-call (nights, weekends, holidays) in rotation with other physician providers over the course of each year
- Serve in intermittent rotation on the Community Living Center as Attending Physician
- Supervise and provide education to medical students, residents, and fellows as assigned and in rotation with peers
- Assist with program development including quality improvement, quality assurance, continuous survey readiness, and committee/work groups in collaboration with others
- Support research and education efforts in conjunction with GEC mission to improve the care of older adults across all settings Maintain licensures and certifications requisite for credentials and privileges at the OKC VA HCS at all times
- Meet ethical and professional standards as written in the Medical Staff Bylaws and ensure that work relations are in compliance with facility standards and expectations as written and communicated
- Other duties or cross-coverage as assigned by Associate Chief of Staff based on the circumstances at that time
Financial Disclosure Report:Not required
Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP):You may be eligible to apply for the Education Debt Reduction Program. Please contact Human Resources at this medical center and speak with the Education Debt Reduction Program Coordinator for additional information.
Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship; non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Designated and/or random drug testing required
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
- You may be required to serve a probationary period
- Subject to a background/security investigation
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process
- Must pass pre-employment physical examination
Applicants pending the completion of educational or certification/licensure requirements may be referred and tentatively selected but may not be hired until all requirements are met.
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below.
Physical Requirements:Candidates must successfully complete a pre-employment physical. Position requires walking, standing, reading typewritten material without strain, ability to hear conversational voice, emotional and mental stability, and working closely with others. Must be able to physically respond when needed by prompt appearance at required location.Education
Note:Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S. Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities, schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal employment. You can verify your education here:http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. For further information, visit:http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html.
This position is eligible for the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP), a student loan reimbursement program. If selected for this position you must meet specific individual eligibility requirements, and submit your application within four months of appointment. The final award amount (up to $200,000) and eligibility period (one to five years) is determined by the VHA Education Loan Repayment Services office.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Apply for Physician (Geriatrician)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly