- Understands and follows Women's Care Florida's "Mission Statement", "Code of Conduct", organizational policies, and structure.
- Provides primary obstetric and gynecological care using generally accepted standards of practice. The physician develops a plan of care for each patient, including complete history, physical examination, diagnosis, appropriate treatment and /or referral, uses all available resources in an appropriate and cost efficient manner.
- Hospitalizes as needed any patient requiring in-patient care; provides obstetric and gynecological care according to accepted ACOG standards during the hospitalization.
- Confers with consulting physicians, mid-level providers, nurses, support staff, patients, and families concerning treatment and care of patients.
- Makes appropriate specialty and sub-specialty referrals, but maintains responsibility, assuring continuing of care.
- Perform general gynecological and obstetric surgical procedures, both diagnostic and therapeutic, using both minimally invasive and traditional surgical techniques.
- Performs colposcopies and LEEPs as office and inpatient procedures as appropriate.
- Provide tubal ligations at the request of patients, at legally permitted age, following thorough explanation and documentation of risks and benefits.
- Performs circumcisions.
- Participates in regular call coverage.
- Participates in health promotion/disease prevention activities; stresses the importance of preventive health care measures.
- Supports mid-level providers in supervision and consultation.
- Participates in quality improvement/assurance activities.
- Attends and participates in Women s Care Florida and practice activities, including monthly clinical meetings and mandatory training/in-services as needed.
- Completes records in adequate professional detail, and in a timely manner using WCF electronic medical record system (eCW).
- Other duties as assigned by the Medical Director, CEO, and/or Administration staff, to meet the goal of providing excellent health care to the community
- Maintains and acquires knowledge and skills to perform required duties to meet all hospital, state, organizational and licensure requirements.
- Abides by the WCF protocols and guidelines.
- Follows established guidelines for use and/or disclosure of protected health information. Employees should report any breaches of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) rules to the Privacy Officer (Administrator) immediately.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Attends required meetings and participates in team activities and professional development activities.
- Unencumbered license to practice medicine in Florida as an MD/DO
- Completion of Accredited OB/GYN Residency Program
- Board Certified in OB/GYN.
- Current ACLS certification
- Must be able to obtain active medical staff membership and privileges in obstetrics and gynecology at all affiliated hospitals.
- Must be able to read and interpret clinical data.
Must possess the ability to interact and communicate professionally and effectively with all levels of internal personnel, providers, personnel of outside organizations, and patients and their family members. Must possess good organizational skills, handle multiple tasks concurrently, and be able to work effectively with all levels of aforementioned groups.
May be exposed to communicable diseases, toxic substances and other conditions common to a clinical environment.
Apply for OB/GYN
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly