Medical Director of a General Outpatient Mental Health Team
Core responsibilities include leading and coordinating the operations of a multidisciplinary outpatient mental health team with a focus on uninterrupted high-quality care to Veterans. Incumbent monitors and ensures compliance with hospital and mental health policies, regulations, executive orders and management directives. Incumbent will collaborate with other teams/team leaders to improve communication and to ensure ongoing continuity of care for Veterans.
In conjunction with the Clinical Director of this Mental Health Team, the incumbent plans, organizes, and directs administrative, operational, patient and personnel activities for the team. Duties include coordinating interdisciplinary staffing, work assignments, resource allocation and direct patient care.
Incumbent must be skilled in general outpatient psychiatry, including diagnostic evaluations, pharmacotherapy and psychotherapy. He/she should be competent in the management of individuals with a broad range of clinical problems, including mood, anxiety and psychotic disorders, post-traumatic stress disorder, substance use disorders, and psychiatric disorders in the elderly Veteran population. He/she will supervise, and mentor allied health care professionals.
VA North Texas Health Care System(VANTHCS) Mental Health System provides a full range of mental health services including general adult psychiatry, geriatrics, psychosomatic medicine, substance abuse sub-specialty services, trauma services, psychosocial rehabilitation and recovery programs, comprehensive homeless programs, peer support services, opiate replacement programs, Mental Health Intensive Case Management, vocational rehabilitation programs, domiciliary based programs and inpatient programs. VANTHCS has an active relationship with the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center as our primary affiliate.
- Work Schedule: 8:00 am to 4:30 pm with light on-call responsibilities.
- Buprenorphine Certification is highly preferred in order to meet the duties required for this position.
- $230,000 to $306,600 Annually
- Annual Performance Bonus Up to $15,000
Things you may not know about VA:
- VA often offers more time with patients and less time on administrative tasks
- Our student loan repayment program pays up to 200K over a 5 year period if approved
- We are known for our exceptional benefits to include matching retirement contributions
- At VA you must only maintain 1 active, full, unrestricted license in any US state
- We cover malpractice and tail coverage at no cost to you
- VA does not require you to sign contracts and there are no restrictions on moonlighting
Apply for Medical Director of a General Outpatient Mental Health Team
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly