Attending Physician - Thoracic Surgery
Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is one of the largest multi-disciplinary groups in the country whose main purpose is to nurture and embolden the healthcare providers who take care of the most fragile and vulnerable patients in New York City. PAGNY people do more than diagnose and treat; we uplift the spirits and dignity of patients because we love what we do, and it shows. PAGNY is committed to recruiting and retaining productive and enthusiastic physicians and promotes our health professionals wellness.
PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
NYC Health + Hospitals/Lincoln, located just 15 minutes from NYC, is an acute care teaching hospital academically affiliated with Weill-Cornell Medical College. Dedicated to providing high quality patient care to a diverse community, Lincoln Medical Center is a NYS designated Level I Trauma and Stroke Center and has Centers of Excellence in all medical specialties including its award- winning Cancer and Breast Centers.
The Thoracic Service at Lincoln supports the level 1 trauma center. The department of surgery has approximately 80 medical/surgery beds and 12 Surgical Intensive Care Unit beds with up to 4 additional SICU beds available in the PACU. Lincoln has the second busiest operative volume in the H+H 11 hospital system. There is opportunity for the thoracic surgeon at Lincoln to build the pacemaker program and to assist in developing a future minimally invasive program.
- Attend all thoracic surgery consults in a timely manner when on call in accordance with policies and procedures
- Attend solid tumor conference every two weeks
- Establish and direct or co-direct a chest conference as a working and teaching conference
- Aggressively work to build the volume of chest surgery cases (thoracic)
- Board certified in Surgery, Thoracic Surgery
- Possess a New York State Medical License
- Training in VAYS and robotic thoracic surgery
- Experience with esophagus cases
- Willing to assist with the development of a pacemaker program
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service
- Choice of a three-tiered nearly FREE medical plan
- Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage
- Generous paid time off program
- CME days and dollars
- Eligibility for loan forgiveness through the National Student Debt Forgiveness Center
- Visa candidates are considered
- Medical Malpractice policy coverage
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Apply for Attending Physician - Thoracic Surgery
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly