Pulmonary/Critical Care Intensivist Physician Opportunity in Urbana, Illinois and Danville, Illinois
- New opportunity exists for a BC/BE, fellowship trained Pulmonary/Critical Care physician.
- This position would include pulmonary coverage at OSF Heart of Mary Medical Center in Urbana, Illinois. Critical Care coverage is provided externally by contract.
- Outreach to OSF Sacred Heart Medical Center in Danville, Illinois to provide outpatient pulmonary and inpatient critical care coverage. Support exists from one pulmonary/critical care physician and two advanced practice providers.
- General pulmonary and critical care medicine skill set required to include bronchoscopy, pulmonary function testing, thoracentesis, ventilator management etc.
- Average seeing 20 patients/day in clinic.
- EOE M/F/Vet/Disabled
- Competitive base salary plus incentives.
- 4 weeks paid vacation and 6 paid holidays
- 480 hours sick time/year
- Signing bonus
- Loan repayment options
- Paid occurrence based malpractice, CME, association membership dues
- Health, life, and dental insurance, retirement plan, and paid relocation
- OSF HealthCare Heart of Mary Medical Center is a 206-bed comprehensive health care facility serving the residents of Urbana, Illinois, and surrounding areas.
- Though Urbana, population 41,000, is considered a small town, the combined population of the Urbana-Champaign population is just shy of 150,000. The community provides the amenities a metropolitan city would offer, including outstanding restaurants (named best food town in the Midwest), a variety of recreational activities and unique shopping experiences.
- Urbana-Champaign is within three hours of Chicago, St. Louis, and Indianapolis.
- Home of the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, ranked the 14th best public university in the nation and 32nd globally, includes a medical school with teaching opportunities.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Urbana has one of the lowest unemployment rates in Illinois with the University of Illinois being the largest employer in the area.