The Southern Arizona VA Health Care System (SAVAHCS) Tucson, AZ professional staff is seeking full-time Board Certified/Eligible Hospitalist to provide quality service in our progressive, innovative health care system for our Veteran hospital population. The physician will participate as the attending physician.
We have both teaching and non-teaching teams; the teaching team attending is responsible for the instruction of residents, interns, medical students and other allied health professionals. SAVAHCS is the principal teaching affiliate of the University of Arizona Colleges of Medicine, Nursing, and Pharmacy. Therefore, the selected candidates must be eligible for a faculty appointment at the University of Arizona. Preference will be given to candidates who are board eligible/board certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM). The candidate must also be American Heart Association BLS and ACLS certified.
The candidate should be proficient in core Internal Medicine invasive procedures; refresher training is available in our excellent simulation laboratory. The candidate is also expected to acquire our facility certification in airway management after completing local on-line, simulation laboratory, and hands-on training. Experience with resident supervision and instruction is appreciated, but new Internal Medicine graduates are also welcome; our University affiliate offers some classes on effective teaching.
- Day time 7 on 7 Off schedule
- Board Certified Board Eligible Internal Medicine
- Prior Hospitalist experience a good thing but not mandatory.
- Experience teaching residents and students a good thing but not mandatory
- Avg Census 45-60, Procedure skills and POC ultrasound are desirable, but not mandatory.
- Ventilator MGT not required.
- Hospitalist will be expected to cover 10-12 Patients on average, occasionally up to 14.
- $240,000 to $250,000 annually
- Annual Performance Bonus up to $15,0000
Things you may not know about VA:
- VA often offers more time with patients and less time on administrative tasks
- Our student loan repayment program pays up to 200K over a 5 year period if approved
- We are known for our exceptional benefits to include matching retirement contributions
- At VA you must only maintain 1 active, full, unrestricted license in any US state
- We cover malpractice and tail coverage at no cost to you
- VA does not require you to sign contracts and there are no restrictions on moonlighting
Apply for Hospitalist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly