Medical Officer of the Day (MOD)-Hospitalist a blended model of Hospitalist and Urgent Care.
We are looking for a great physician to join our team in Sheridan, WY. If you want a rewarding position serving Veterans at a truly great facility without billing hassles or administrative burdens of medicine - come join our team of four physicians with a flexible work schedule at the BEST VA in the country.
Current position is a Medical Officer of the Day (MOD)-Hospitalist a blended model of hospitalist and urgent care. The MOD/Hospitalist is a member of an integrated partnership with the Administrative Officer of the Day (AOD) the Psychiatric Officer of the Day (POD) and the Nurse Officer on Duty (NOD). Sheridan offers inpatient services of 10 Medical Beds, 20 Psychiatry Beds and 40 Bed Skilled Nursing. The MOD/Hospitalist is also responsible to respond to any acute psychiatric or medical emergency.
- We can accommodate flexibility in the schedule to allow you to enjoy the great outdoors of the Big Horn Mountains and the culture surrounding Sheridan.
- We do a mix of 8-hour day shifts and 16-hour night shifts to fill 80 hours per 2 weeks pay period. (i.e. this might look like 3 nights and 4 days one pay period and 5 nights the next to include weekends and holidays.)
- $235,000 to $264,000 annually
- Annual Performance Bonus up to $15,000
Things you may not know about VA:
- VA often offers more time with patients and less time on administrative tasks
- Our student loan repayment program pays up to 200K over a 5 year period if approved
- We are known for our exceptional benefits to include matching retirement contributions
- At VA you must only maintain 1 active, full, unrestricted license in any US state
- We cover malpractice and tail coverage at no cost to you
- VA does not require you to sign contracts and there are no restrictions on moonlighting
Apply for Medical Officer of the Day (MOD)-Hospitalist a blended model of Hospitalist and Urgent Care.
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly