Physician-Medical Director, Jefferson Occupational Health Network
Thomas Jefferson University & Jefferson Health is seeking an Occupational Health Physician for the role of Medical Director of the Jefferson Occupational Health Network. The Jefferson Occupational Health Network provides services to Jefferson's 30,000 employees and 8,000+ students. Office locations are in center city Philadelphia. Abington PA, Northeast Philadelphia and southern New Jersey.
Position provides medical oversight and clinical leadership of the enterprise JeffersonOccupational Health Network (JOHN) function for both employee and student populations across TJU and Jefferson Health.
CORE FUNCTIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Directs and coordinates the medical care of employees and students seeking services through JOHN
Carries out duties of Medical Review Officer
- Participates in administrative decision-making, establishes policies, procedures and guidelines designed to ensure clinical best practice for employee and student occupational health issues
- Performs patient diagnosis, treatment and prevention of occupational illnesses and/or injury
- Performs workers compensation evaluations, post offer screenings and conducts employee health evaluations.
- Direct supervision of Advanced Practice Providers and Physicians
- Works collaboratively with Jefferson staff and leadership to ensure organizational goal and programs are supported from an occupational health perspective
- Ability to perform independently in the field for which employed as a member of the medical staff.
CERTIFICATES, EDUCATION, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATION:
- MD/DO. Licensed or eligible for license to practice medicine in state of Pennsylvania.
- MRO certification.
- Board Certification in Occupational Health
- A minimum of 3 years management experience.
- A minimum of 6 years post graduate experience in Occupational Health
- Demonstrated strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Clinical quality and safety experience
Apply for Physician-Medical Director, Jefferson Occupational Health Network
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly