Chief Executive and Medical Officer, Mount Sinai Union Health Center
Mount Sinai is one of the largest health systems in the U.S. with a strong reputation for quality of care (18th ranked academic medical center) and research/education (18th ranked medical school). We have ~40,000 employees working together each year to provide billions of dollars in high-quality care for millions of patients. We are excited to recruit a Chief Executive/ Medical Officer to oversee a Health Center that serves 13,000 union members within New York City.
The Chief Executive/ Medical Officer is a key member of the senior management team and leads the overall clinical vision for the Union Health Center. Reporting to the Board of Directors, this position leads clinical oversight, providing expertise and leadership to ensure the delivery of quality, cost effective health care services, designs quality improvement programs, leads the
development and implementation of innovative clinical programs and manages all aspects of the health center including corporate compliance, budgets, finances, contracting and all personnel decisions.
We are looking for a highly motivated candidate with extensive experience in both medical and management roles.
1. Provides clinical leadership to all employees of the Health Center; cultivates a service culture embraced by all members of the team.
2. Leads business and clinical strategy development and implementation of projects.
3. Acts as liaison between Mount Sinai and the Union Health Center for value-based activities and program development towards population health.
4. Partners with the Medical Director to interview and hire the clinical team; provides clinical oversight for the Health Center.
5. Develops and implements strategies for provider attraction and retention.
6. Advises UHC Board of Directors on occupational and public health matters. Provides clinical guidance on wellness and health promotional offerings to Health Center team.
7. Oversees the implementation of quality improvement efforts designed to improve clinical performance and maintain compliance.
8. Designs and leads implementation of clinical interventions and delivery models to achieve the goals of population health and financial sustainability.
9. Maintains accountability for operational and financial performance of health center clinical programs and services.
10. Negotiates and advises on all contracts executed by the Health Center.
11. Reports to and keeps the Board of Directors up-to-date on the status of the Health Center including the financial health (including audits) and clinical performance.
12. Ensures compliance with appropriate clinical policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
13. Carry a small caseload of primary care patients.
14. Accept and perform other duties as needed.
15. Ensures compliance with appropriate clinical policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:- Active Medical Degree
- Valid New York Medical License required
- 10+ years of clinical experience in a PCMH-type primary care/group practice setting
- Master of Business Administration or Health Administration preferred
- Article 28 and PCMH Experience strongly preferred
- Previous CEO experience strongly preferred
- 5+ years of medical and administrative leadership experience at a senior level at minimum
Preferred Skills and Qualities:- Passion for health care as evidenced by academic pursuits and/or professional experience
- Article 28 and PCMH Experience strongly preferred
- Experience across a wide range of high-level of broad business and management skills including managing budgets, financial projects, reporting and audits and executing contracts
- Experience improving quality of care and operational efficiency in previous roles
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Self-motivated team player with proven leadership, problem-solving and mediation skills
- Proven ability to cope with conflict, stress and crisis situations
About the Mount Sinai Health System:
The Mount Sinai Health System is New York City's largest integrated delivery system, encompassing eight hospitals, a leading medical school, and a vast network of ambulatory practices throughout the greater New York region. Mount Sinai's vision is to produce the safest care, the highest quality, the highest satisfaction, the best access and the best value of any health system in the nation. The Health System includes more than 7,200 primary and specialty care physicians; 13 joint-venture ambulatory surgery centers; more than 400 ambulatory practices throughout the five boroughs of New York City, Westchester, Long Island, and Florida; and 30 affiliated community health centers. The Icahn School of Medicine is one of three medical schools that have earned distinction by multiple indicators: ranked in the top 20 by U.S. News & World Report's "Best Medical Schools", aligned with a U.S. News & World Report's "Honor Roll" Hospital, No. 15 in the nation for National Institutes of Health funding, and among the top 10 most innovative research institutions as ranked by the journal Nature in its Nature Innovation Index. This reflects a special level of excellence in education, clinical practice, and research. The Mount Sinai Hospital is ranked No. 14 on U.S. News & World Report's "Honor Roll" of top U.S. hospitals; it is one of the nation's top 15 hospitals in Cardiology/Heart Surgery, Diabetes/Endocrinology, Gastroenterology/GI Surgery, Geriatrics, Nephrology, and Neurology/Neurosurgery in the 2020-2021 "Best Hospitals" issue. Mount Sinai's Kravis Children's Hospital also is ranked nationally in four out of ten pediatric specialties by U.S. News & World Report. The New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai is ranked 11th nationally for Ophthalmology. Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Morningside, and Mount Sinai West are ranked regionally.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate, exclude, or treat people differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
Apply for Chief Executive and Medical Officer, Mount Sinai Union Health Center
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly