Obstetrics and Gynecology Physician - Metropolitan Hospital
Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is one of the largest multi-disciplinary groups in the country whose main purpose is to nurture and embolden the healthcare providers who take care of the most fragile and vulnerable patients in New York City. PAGNY people do more than diagnose and treat; we uplift the spirits and dignity of patients because we love what we do, and it shows. PAGNY is committed to recruiting and retaining productive and enthusiastic physicians and promotes our health professionals’ wellness.
PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
NYC Health + Hospitals/Metropolitan, located on First Avenue & 97th Street in Manhattan, accommodate over 313,000 outpatient visits, nearly 70,000 emergency room visits and more than 13,000 inpatient admissions annually. The hospital maintains an academic affiliation with New York Medical College.
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at NYC Health + Hospitals Metropolitan Hospital, a university teaching hospital of New York Medical College, is currently seeking a BC/BE full time Obstetrics and Gynecology Generalist attending to join the department of OBGYN. A commitment to interdisciplinary team work and teaching residents and students is essential. Academic rank will be commensurate with experience, training, and achievements.
This is a full time position, Monday-Friday, 35 hours per week.
- Examines patients, orders or performs appropriate diagnostic tests.
- Arrange for discharge and after care.
- Develops assessment and treatment plan.
- Write/dictate admission, progress, procedure notes and discharge summaries.
- Provides patient education and counseling covering health status, test results, disease processes and discharge planning.
- Formulates diagnosis, directs or performs appropriate therapeutic treatment and counsels patients.
- Consults with other members of the professional staff as needed.
- Timely completion of documentation in the Electronic Health Record.
- Provides clinical guidance and direction to the house staff and other members of the healthcare team as needed.
- Advises the less experienced members of the professional medical staff.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the Privacy and Security rules outlined in the HIPAA guideline.
- Assists in the establishment and maintenance of standards of performance for physicians and other professional employees working in the service.
- Knowledge of and commitment to achieving facility performance indicator(P.I.) targets.
- Maintains required credentials, current licensure and CME requirements.
- Performs other administrative, professional, consultative duties as needed by the Department Chair person.
- Complies with and maintains Employee Health Requirements.
- Graduate of an approved medical school
- Successful completion of an accredited residency program in general Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Possession of a valid license to practice medicine in New York State
- Possession of a valid DEA license
- Current Board Certification issued by the appropriate American Specialty Board or eligibility to obtain Board Certification within 5 years of hire
- Excellent bedside manner and interpersonal skills
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service
- Choice of a three-tiered nearly FREE medical plan
- Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage
- Generous paid time off program
- CME days and dollars
- Eligibility for loan forgiveness through the National Student Debt Forgiveness Center
- Visa candidates are considered
- Medical Malpractice policy coverage
For more information regarding this opportunity, please email your CV to Loretta Modesto, Physician Recruiter for PAGNY, at ModestoL@pagny.org
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Apply for Obstetrics and Gynecology Physician - Metropolitan Hospital
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly