Research Institute Medical Director (Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center - Torrance)
Seeking a Medical Director (MD) who will be responsible for the oversight of the Research Institute (RI) across all Southern California service areas, including Los Angeles--valley and coastal, Orange County and High Desert regions. The MD must possess unique skills and a broad range of scientific and regulatory compliance competence, as well as specific knowledge about the design and execution of complex research studies. The MD must bring demonstrated leadership, expertise, and credibility on current research developments across Clinical Institute's, including precision medicine, Institutional Review Board's and any required ancillary review committees, cybersecurity, clinical research pre- and post-award activities, billing compliance, and other research-related activities. The MD should also have extensive experience integrating trials in electronic health records, clinical trial management systems, and pathway programs. The MD must possess established relationships with federal peer-reviewed funding agencies, industry, and biotech with experience leading and mentoring Physician Investigator's in conducing both prospective clinical research trials and retrospective epidemiology, quality improvement and other health services research, while ensuring human subject research protection and study compliance. The MD provides research leadership for the RI, and assists in executing strategic plans, policies, and protocols. The MD builds, strengthens, and sustains relationships with relevant Physician Investigator's, the Health Research System and Local Research Administration and the Medical Executive teams to implement new research practices, by clinically integrating research trials, programs and services across the Clinical Institute's. As physician leader, the MD provides oversight and coordination for all physician engagement strategies.
- .5 FTE, 20 hours per week
- Physician with board certification in their specialty required
- PhD, in Related Subspecialty
- Graduate work, Certification or degree in healthcare management or business is preferred
- Research Certification through ACRP and/or SoCRA is preferred
- Five or more years of progressive research administration experience with an in-depth knowledge specific to Clinical Institute research areas across the continuum
- Experience building and maintaining innovative research programs across Clinical Institute's
- A solid track record of peer-reviewed extramural funding and Physician Investigator oversight of both prospective clinical trials and retrospective research projects
- Extensive publication record in high impact peer-reviewed journals
- Physician and medical group alignment and integration experience required
- Experience with academic and community partnership models required
- Significant experience leading teams, group facilitation, project management, and building management systems is required
- Experience in implementing and designing evidence-based clinical research team-based care is require
- Working knowledge of integrating clinical research workflows and electronic medical record tools is required
Where You'll Work
Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center Torrance has a 50-year legacy of excellence in this coastal south Los Angeles suburb and is one of six hospitals Providence operates in Southern California. Winner of Truven Health Analytics' 100 Top Hospitals award three years in a row, Little Company of Mary offers cutting-edge technology and therapies in cardiac, surgical and neonatal care, all in a state-of-the-art facility just 2 miles from the beach.
Where You'll Live
Los Angeles is the second most populous city in the United States, outdone only by New York City. Nicknamed the City of Angels, LA is home to an estimated four million citizens and boasts a diverse economy, including a thriving entertainment industry. With an average of only 35 days with measurable precipitation annually, LA enjoys a Mediterranean climate with plenty of sunshine and blue skies which can be enjoyed on the area's iconic beaches.
Who You'll Work For
Providence is a nationally recognized, comprehensive health care organization spanning seven states with a universal mission – to provide compassionate care to all who need its services, especially the poor and vulnerable. Its 119,000-plus caregivers/employees serve in 51 hospitals, more than 800 clinics and a comprehensive range of health and social services. Providence: one name, one family, one extraordinary health system.
Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteranJob ID Number: 12903
Apply for Research Institute Medical Director (Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center - Torrance)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly