Faculty Colon & Rectal Surgeon Opportunity - Minneapolis, MN
The Division of Colon & Rectal Surgery at the University of Minnesota is seeking a full-time board certified/eligible surgeon at the Assistant or Associate Professor rank on an academic or master clinician track. The Division of Colon and Rectal Surgery combines the strengths of a major research university and Medical School, the Veterans Administration Medical Center and the clinical practices of the University of Minnesota Physicians and Colon and Rectal Surgery Associates. About the Appointment:
- This full-time position will include clinical duties working at University of Minnesota affiliated clinical sites.
- Additional responsibilities will include participation in the teaching of medical students, residents, and fellows, clinical practice through MPhysicians, and participation in service activities on behalf of the department, the medical school, and your profession.
- The successful candidate will participate in research projects and other academic/scholarly activities either as a collaborator or independent researcher and participate in faculty development activities tailored to the candidate's career interests and goals.
- Academic time will be used to pursue scholarly work in the candidate’s area of specialty/research experience with a goal of developing collaborative or independent, externally funded research.
- Faculty will be active in their national organizations and foster an academic environment for medical students, residents and faculty.
- The Division of Colon and Rectal Surgery treats the full range of colorectal disease including colon cancer, rectal cancer, Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis. We specialize in minimally invasive (laparoscopic and robotic) surgery and have particular expertise in treating patients with complicated or advanced cancers and inflammatory bowel disease who require multidisciplinary or multi-surgeon care.
- Graduate of an accredited ACGME colon and rectal residency and/or fellowship training program.
- Board eligible/certified.
- Licensed or ability to obtain Minnesota Board of Medical Practice Licensure.
- Ability to obtain/maintain DEA certification in the State of Minnesota
- Meet threshold criteria/qualifications for Credentialing and Privileges
- Ability to receive work authorization in the United States from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services and maintain legal status according to the requirements of VISA category while in the United States.
Apply for Faculty Colon & Rectal Surgeon Opportunity - Minneapolis, MN
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly