Emergency Medicine Physician
Level 2 trauma center with high acuity seeks additional Emergency Medicine trained physicians to join our well-established hospital employed Emergency Medicine team. Southeast Health is a 420-bed community hospital serving a population of 600,000+ as the area’s regional trauma center. We are in Dothan, Alabama with an easy drive to Florida's Gulf Coast beaches. Candidates must be EM residency trained and ABEM or AOBEM certified or prepared.
- » Seeking full or part-time emergency medicine physicians to join our well established single hospital group
- » Opportunity to teach medical students and residents
- » Immediate equitable schedule with a 6-7 day block off every month
- » Highly competitive compensation package - $210/hr base pay plus night differential/bonus/incentives/benefits
- » Signing bonus and relocation expense allowance » Educational loan repayment available
- » All ED physicians are residency-trained and board-certified in Emergency Medicine
- » High acuity with 60,000 annual patient visits
- » Independent fast tract staffed with mid-level providers
- » One of two Comprehensive Stroke Centers in Alabama with a dedicated lab for neuroendovascular procedures
- » Medical Hospitalist program provides ED unassigned coverage, care for transfers, and inpatient consults
- » Clinical Decision Unit, managed by Hospitalists, holds ED patients up to 24 hours for observation and either admits or discharges
- » ACGME EM Residency to begin 2022
ABOUT SOUTHEAST HEALTH
- » One of the largest not-for-profit tertiary referral centers in Alabama
- » 420 licensed bed facility
- » 2,800+ dedicated employees
- » 320 active Medical Staff
- » 16 member anesthesia group and 35 CRNAs provide 24/7 in-house coverage
- » 22 OR suites
- » 5 state-of-the-art cath labs and an electrophysiology lab
- » Level 2 trauma center with EM residency trained physicians (60,000 annual visits)
- » Interventional cardiology, EP and radiology labs, lithotripsy, 3 MRIs (1 3-T), 3 CTs including a 64 slice CT and Pet Scanner
- » 24/7 Neurosurgery coverage with 4 employed neurosurgeons
- » Comprehensive cancer network with clinics in Dothan and Enterprise, AL and Marianna, FL.
- » UAB Cancer Center affiliate » 32 CCU beds and 12 new overflow beds with 24/7 intensivist support » Serves over 600,000 in a 75-mile radius
- » The Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine (ACOM) is Alabama’s first osteopathic medical school and the first in the U.S. to be developed by a regional medical center.
- » The second class of 143 students graduated from ACOM in June 2018.
- » An ACGME Internal Medicine Residency program began July 2018 with an inaugural class of 13 residents. Interviews are now underway for the next class.
ABOUT DOTHAN, ALABAMA
- » Nearby lakes and rivers and less than 100 miles to Gulf Coast Beaches
- » Robust business environment ranked #1 in retail sales in Alabama (per capita)
- » Highland Oaks, a Robert Trent Jones Golf Course, and other public and private golf courses and driving ranges
- » Regional Airport served by Delta Airlines
- » Recognized as a “Playful City” with 19 parks, 6 public swimming pools, 47 tennis courts including a 20-court complex built to professional standard
Apply for Emergency Medicine Physician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly