Critical Care Intensivist - Hospital-Employed
Well-established Intensivist program seeks additional BC/BE critical care physician to join their busy hospitalemployed group. Practice model currently includes 3 Intensivists and 2 APP's who manage a 32-bed dedicated critical care unit and a 14-bed overflow unit, providing treatment to critically ill medical and surgical patients. They also provide ventilator management as needed for a 10-bed neurocritical care unit.
- Paid interviewing expenses
- Commencement bonus and relocation expense allowance
- Competitive salary with productivity bonus option
- Comprehensive benefits package to include but not limited to health, dental, vision, and retirement benefits
- CME and licensure fees allowance
- Paid malpractice insurance
- Educational loan repayment option
- » 7 on/7 off block schedule, 12 hour shifts from 7am-7pm, 14 shifts/month
- » Team would include one other Intensivist and an Intensivist APP
- » Call is shared equally with the other Intensivist on your team and would be taken from home after 7pm on assigned call days
- » Intensivist procedures include but are not limited to intubation and CVL placement
- » All levels of sub-specialty support are provided to include general, cardio, neuro, vascular, maxillofacial, and orthopedic surgery, infectious disease, and all medical sub-specialties
- » In-house anesthesia and radiology are present 24 hrs/day
- » Dedicated respiratory therapy and pharmacy services provided in ICU
- » After hours admissions and 1st call coverage provided by robust Internal Medicine Hospitalist program
ABOUT SOUTHEAST HEALTH
- » One of the largest not-for-profit tertiary referral centers in Alabama
- » 420 licensed bed facility
- » 2,800+ dedicated employees
- » 320 active Medical Staff
- » 16 member anesthesia group and 35 CRNAs provide 24/7 in-house coverage
- » 22 OR suites
- » 5 state-of-the-art cath labs and an electrophysiology lab
- » Level 2 trauma center with EM residency trained physicians (60,000 annual visits)
- » Interventional cardiology, EP and radiology labs, lithotripsy, 3 MRIs (1 3-T), 3 CTs including a 64 slice CT and Pet Scanner
- » 24/7 Neurosurgery coverage with 4 employed neurosurgeons
- » Comprehensive cancer network with clinics in Dothan and Enterprise, AL and Marianna, FL.
- » UAB Cancer Center affiliate » 32 CCU beds and 12 new overflow beds with 24/7 intensivist support » Serves over 600,000 in a 75-mile radius
- » The Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine (ACOM) is Alabama’s first osteopathic medical school and the first in the U.S. to be developed by a regional medical center.
- » The second class of 143 students graduated from ACOM in June 2018.
- » An ACGME Internal Medicine Residency program began July 2018 with an inaugural class of 13 residents. Interviews are now underway for the next class.
ABOUT DOTHAN, ALABAMA
- » Nearby lakes and rivers and less than 100 miles to Gulf Coast Beaches
- » Robust business environment ranked #1 in retail sales in Alabama (per capita)
- » Highland Oaks, a Robert Trent Jones Golf Course, and other public and private golf courses and driving ranges
- » Regional Airport served by Delta Airlines
- » Recognized as a “Playful City” with 19 parks, 6 public swimming pools, 47 tennis courts including a 20-court complex built to professional standard
Apply for Critical Care Intensivist - Hospital-Employed
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly