HEAD AND NECK SURGICAL ONCOLOGY and ADVANCED HEAD AND NECK RECONSTRUCTION
The Division of Surgery at Baptist MD Anderson Cancer Center (BMDACC) is seeking applications for a fellowship-trained, head and neck surgical oncologist - with expertise in microvascular flap reconstruction - to join our rapidly-growing and distinguished Cancer Center faculty. BMDACC is the third partner member of the MD Anderson Cancer Network® and the Southeastern United States’ patient care hub serving the institution’s international program to elevate the quality of cancer care nationally and internationally.
BMDACC brings an unprecedented level of oncology care to Northeast Florida and provides physicians an appealing blend of community focused patient care and the benefit of an academic-oriented model through the clinically-integrated collaboration of BMDACC and Northeast Florida’s most preferred healthcare provider, the Baptist Health System. The recently-opened (2018) 9-story, 330,000 square foot Baptist MD Anderson Cancer Center incorporates state-of-the-art design, construction, technology, and art to create a patient-centered facility dedicated solely to providing the full spectrum of oncology care in a healing environment for our patients and their families.
The selected physician will have the opportunity to join a uniquely specialized, multidisciplinary team integrating the expertise of surgery, radiology, medical and radiation oncology, pathology, rehabilitation, genetic counseling, speech pathology, psychology, dedicated patient care navigators and wellness/survivorship programming.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have completed an accredited fellowship in Head and Neck Oncology and Reconstructive Surgery with Free-Flap Reconstruction;
- Be certified, or eligible for certification, by the American Board of Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery;
- Be eligible for an unrestricted Florida Medical License;
- Demonstrate commitment to a multidisciplinary integrated model of cancer care;
- Fully support the clinical, scholarly, and educational missions of our Cancer Center and our System;
- Display the communication, interpersonal skills, collaboration, and passion required to build an active clinical practice, develop areas of productive scholarship, and recruit additional faculty;
- Have the opportunity for Adjunct Appointment at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center commensurate with their clinical and academic achievements;
- Collaborate in national initiatives and scholarly activities with the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center and its Department of Head and Neck Surgery; and
- Influence the future direction of our program and join like-minded faculty committed to our mission of Making Cancer History!
While all applications will be considered, an early-to-mid career candidate is desired. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Northeast Florida provides some of the best cost of living and recreation that the Sunshine State has to offer. Immediately within reach are world famous destinations, attractions, theme parks and entertainment for families of all ages. Recently ranked by Forbes Magazine as one of the top two most desirable cities for relocation in the United States, Jacksonville is the ideal setting to call home.
The Baptist MD Anderson Cancer Center is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes the value and impact of a diverse faculty. Interested candidates should submit their CV and a letter describing their clinical and academic interests to:
Russell B. Smith, MD, FACS
Section Chief, Head & Neck Surgery
Christopher M. Pezzi, MD, FACS
Head, Division of Surgery and Surgeon-in-Chief