Division Chair - Rheumatology
You are invited to partner with the nation’s best hospital (U.S. News & World Report 2020-2021), ranked #1 in more specialties than any other care provider. Practicing at Mayo Clinic provides a rewarding career that promotes excellence in patient-centered care. You can thrive in an environment that supports innovation and has a wealth of resources available to you – including an integrated EMR and collaboration with top specialists – to give your patients the quality of care you want to achieve.
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer Mayo Clinic is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any employee or candidate. Women, minorities, veterans, people from the LGBTQ communities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply to join our teams. Reasonable accommodations to access job openings or to apply for a job are available.
Division Chair – Rheumatology
Mayo Clinic is searching for an innovative leader to help create a world class Division of Rheumatology at its Destination Medical Center (DMC) in Phoenix, Arizona. The Mayo Clinic Arizona is expanding its hospital with a state-of-the-art design and is ranked #1 in Arizona. It has strong collaborations with Arizona State University, and rich educational environment with Mayo Clinic Alix School of Medicine on site, as well as active residency and fellowship programs. As part of the Mayo Clinic Healthcare System with a single medical record system and close ties with the other two Mayo sites, this provides streamlined patient care and excellent opportunities for academic activity. The Division Chair of Rheumatology will be expected to utilize Mayo resources to advance patient care, lead the Division’s research efforts and help guide in educating and developing future Rheumatology physicians. She/he will be responsible for achieving exceptional patient outcomes, as well as actively recruiting and retaining top talent to advance Mayo’s mission. Phoenix is a large metropolitan area with easy access to outdoor and cultural activities both in Arizona and the surrounding areas of Mexico, California and Colorado.
* Invigorating vision and strategy to innovate and grow the Division of Rheumatology in Florida as a DMC partner
* Prioritize business strategies to position the division for the future
* Drive innovation across Practice, Education, and Research
* Foster collaboration across the organization to provide the best patient outcomes
* Effective management
* Recruit top tier staff to sustain Mayo Clinic’s vision of being the most trusted partner in healthcare
* Partner with the Center of Individualized Medicine in order to develop cutting-edge treatments for our patients
* Partner with the Kern Center for the Science of Healthcare Delivery in order to use data-driven science to improve the quality, safety and value of health care and create better patient experiences.
Ideal Candidate Profile
* Board certified in Rheumatology
* Academic rank of Associate Professor or Professor is highly preferred
* Evidence of continued academic and scholarly activity
* Proven successful leader
* Strong understanding of the clinical practice
* On-going practice innovation
* Adept at mentoring junior staff
* Ability to build relationships and networks globally
* Recognized as an expert in their field
* This is a leadership position which requires the ability to effectively develop others, recruit and retain talent and have an understanding/appreciation for creating and supporting diverse teams.
* Individual will be based in Arizona
Inquiries can be sent to Connie Carlin, Physician Recruiter at email@example.com. Please include CV, letter of interest and three (3) letters of recommendation with your application.
Over the next four years, Mayo Clinic is making significant investments in both the physical and technological future of health care, through doubling the size of the Mayo Clinic campus in Phoenix, inclusive of practice, education, and research activities. Mayo Clinic's campuses in Arizona are located in Phoenix and Scottsdale, in the beautiful Sonoran Desert. The region is known as the Valley of the Sun, a metropolitan area with more than 4 million residents in 25 cities and towns.
With Phoenix being the fifth largest city in the nation, this sunny "desert metropolis" offers the amenities of a big city in the midst of a strikingly beautiful, rugged, southwest landscape.
Scottsdale frequently earns praise as a highly desirable place to live. The city's more than 200,000 residents enjoy a vibrant mix of culinary hot spots, arts and entertainment, professional and collegiate sports teams, and community resources. The region's desert climate promotes an outdoor lifestyle with a full complement of sports and recreation.