The Department of Pediatrics, University of Illinois College of medicine at Peoria and Children’s Hospital of Illinois, are seeking a pediatric nephrologist to develop a comprehensive nephrology program. Professional components include in-patient rotation coverage and general nephrology clinic coverage. Scholarly and research interests are highly desirable, along with experience in teaching medical students and residents. The candidate must be board certified or board-eligible in pediatric nephrology.
- Direct a clinical program in pediatric nephrology. Provide diagnostic and treatment services to children with conditions of kidney disease, including electrolyte disturbances and hypertension and care for those requiring renal replacement therapy, including dialysis and renal transplant patients. Coordinate the efforts of related professionals to assure continuous availability of services. Monitor and take steps to enhance the quality of nephrology services delivered at Children’s Hospital of Illinois and the department of pediatrics.
- Develop educational programs and activities for medical students and residents in relation to pediatric nephrology.
- Maintain a spirit of inquiry and scholarship in the activities of the nephrology service.
- A new, eight story, 440,000 square foot Children’s Hospital integrating children’s inpatient services within one building.
- A family-oriented community with good school systems, low crime rates, and a reasonable cost of living. Peoria is located halfway between Chicago and St. Louis.
UICOMP supports a thriving education program with approximately 21 categorical pediatric residents and 32 combined medicine-pediatrics residents. The Department of Pediatrics has 72 faculty members covering most pediatric subspecialties and primary care. The clinical activities of the faculty are primarily concentrated at CHOI.
CHOI is the primary pediatric teaching facility for UICOMP and is a 132-bed facility that offers over 50 pediatric programs and services. These programs represent over 100 pediatric sub-specialists in 24 different disciplines, including the largest pediatric surgery program in Illinois. CHOI is the only fill service tertiary hospital for children in downstate Illinois. It is a designated Level I Trauma Center, and a Pediatric Critical Care Center, as well as having a Regional Perinatal center, and a Level III neonatal intensive care unit. University of Illinois is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer.
Apply for Pediatric Nephrology
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly