General Academic Pediatrician in Beautiful Mid-Michigan
Academic Pediatric position, full- or part-time
As part of the Michigan State University College of Human Medicine Flint, Mich., Campus, Hurley Children’s Hospital is seeking an energetic and dynamic individual to join its Pediatric Residency Training Program Clinic.
The candidate(s) must be board-certified in pediatrics or board-eligible (if currently a pediatric trainee). This academic position involves teaching medical students and residents and participating as an active faculty member in the residency program.
Candidates must have strong interpersonal, teamwork, leadership, communication, and tech-savvy skills and a willingness to work with an urban population.
Applicants with additional background and training in public health are encouraged to apply.
Other possible opportunities:
- Participation in school health and pediatric public health initiatives
- Clinic leadership position
- Faculty appointment with Michigan State University College of Human Medicine at a rank commensurate with experience
- Collegial atmosphere: Small enough to form meaningful work relationships with learners and colleagues and large enough to provide interesting cases and opportunities to make a difference.
- Clinic location: Our children's clinic sits atop the Flint Farmers' Market, providing access to fresh produce, bakeries, restaurants, shopping, and pleasant walking paths. The nearby Flint Cultural Center is befitting for the one-time largest General Motors complex in the world. And two Big Ten schools have locations within walking distance of the clinic as well: Michigan State University College of Human Medicine-Flint and University of Michigan-Flint.
- Flint/Genesee County area: Quick access to hiking, camping, swimming, skiing, boating, biking, golfing, sporting events, recreational sport teams, orchards, dairies, movies, theater, concerts, festivals, and stress-free travel, thanks to Flint's Bishop International Airport, one of the easiest airports to use in the Midwest.
About Hurley Children's Hospital and Pediatric Clinic:
Hurley Children's Hospital at Hurley Medical Center, Flint, Mich., is affiliated with Michigan State University (and other top universities in the Midwest). The 443-bed tertiary-care public hospital serves as the primary training site for Hurley/MSU College of Human Medicine pediatric residents and Flint-based medical students and is the care-referral site for mid- and northeastern Michigan, with a catchment area of more than 1 million people. Hurley offers free 24/7 fitness areas on the premises, and other well-being amenities.
Hurley provides the highest-level of care in the region for:
- Trauma (Level 1 - the highest available level)
- Pediatric ED
- NICU (Level 2 - the highest available level)
- Burn Unit
- And many more
Interested or want more information?
Contact: Gwen Reyes MD, Pediatric Residency Program Director, Hurley Medical Center, 1 Hurley Plaza, Peds Education 3W, Flint MI 48503