Staff Psychiatrist - Psychiatric Inpatient Program
$266,844 - $320,640 annual salary (Board Certified)
$260,004 - $311,592 annual salary (Board Eligible)
California Correctional Health Care Services (CCHCS) is seeking proactive, knowledgeable psychiatrists to join our Psychiatric Inpatient Program (PIP) where staff are committed to providing optimal care, promoting patients’ successful reintegration into society, and reducing recidivism. During the COVID-19 state of emergency, the Mental Health Program will offer Telework options which will be provided based on operational availability. In addition, hiring interviews will be available virtually using teleconferencing or video conferencing options.
Within the PIP, you will:
- Perform psychiatric evaluation for assigned in-patients in the Acute Psychiatric Program and/or Intermediate Treatment Program units
- Write orders for admission, transfer, discharge, medications, restraints, seclusion, and suicide precautions
- Provide individual and group psychotherapy
In return for your efforts, we offer true career balance with all of the stability and benefits found in employment with the State of California:
- 40-hour workweek with flexible schedules, including 4/10s (affords you true work-life balance)
- $10,000 Thank You Bonus to those new to State of CA service
- Generous paid time off and holiday schedule
- Relocation assistance to those new to State of CA service
- Secure State of California pension that vests in five years – visit CalPERS.ca.gov for retirement formulas
- Robust 401(k) and 457 retirement plans (tax defer up to $39,000 - $52,000 per year)
- Paid CME, with paid time off to attend
- Paid insurance, license, and DEA renewal
- And much more
We currently have opportunities at California Medical Facility, located between San Francisco and Sacramento in family-friendly Vacaville. This city has a rich history, state-of-the-art recreation facilities, and enjoys a high level of community involvement. Or, use the work-life balance you’ll find with CCHCS and plan day trips to nearby Napa, Lake Tahoe, and Monterey. Telework options are supported based on operational availability.
Take the first step toward joining this outstanding mental health team and contact us today!
Effective July 1, 2020, in response to the economic crisis caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, the Personal Leave Program 2020 (PLP 2020) was implemented. PLP 2020 requires that each full-time employee receive a 9.23 percent reduction in pay in exchange for 16 hours PLP 2020 leave credits monthly through June 2022.
You may also apply online at www.cchcs.ca.gov.
Apply for Staff Psychiatrist - Psychiatric Inpatient Program
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly