About Physicians & Midwives:
Physicians and Midwives is a unique collaborative practice you will not find anywhere else. We have 5 offices across Northern Virginia in, Alexandria, Arlington, and Woodbridge. The team consists of board-certified obstetrician/gynecologists, certified nurse midwives, and certified nurse practitioners. The practice was born out of the notion that as medicine and technology advances, care should still be the foundation of providing medical care to women. All deliveries are handled at INOVA-Alexandria Hospital.
Learn more at: https://physiciansandmidwives.com/
About Advantia Health:
To provide the highest quality patient care available, Physicians & Midwives is partnered with Advantia Health. Advantia is transforming healthcare for all women – setting a higher standard of care and convenience while reducing unnecessary costs. Compassion and value inspire everything we do. We take time to listen, answer questions completely, and offer helpful technology between visits so that our patients are empowered and at ease. Alongside coordinated care, Advantia is pioneering care models that align incentives with the best interests of women and their families.
Advantia is expanding quickly through organic growth and acquisitions, providing direct care through more than 200 providers across 60 locations, serving over 430,000 patients at our OB-GYN and coordinated specialist offices. Advantia also enables health plans, state health organizations, hospital systems, and employers to deliver high-value care through technology products.
Learn more at: www.AdvantiaHealth.com
What are we looking for?
We are looking for first-class Board certified OBGYN physicians that put their patients first, provide stellar and comprehensive patient experiences, stay ahead of the curve in medical technologies and practices, and work well as a team.?
- Prevention, diagnosis and treatment of general health problems, specific to the female anatomy, such as breast and cervical cancer, urinary tract and pelvic disorders, and hormonal disorders.
- Specialize in childbirth, treating and counseling women throughout their pregnancy, from giving prenatal diagnoses to delivery and postpartum care.
- Monitoring the health of, and treating, both mother and fetus as the pregnancy progresses.
- Examine patients, obtain medical histories, and order, perform and interpret diagnostic tests.
- Counsel patients on diet, hygiene and preventive health care.
- Implement the latest in cutting edge minimally invasive surgical technology in the treatment of benign GYN pathology including: Ectopic pregnancy, pelvic inflammatory disease, ovarian cysts, adhesive disease, infertility, menopause and uterine pathology.
- Diagnose, treat and counsel patients on various different options for pelvic incontinence and structural pathology.
- Making detailed notes as legal documentation of treatment beneficial to other health care providers or professionals.
- Liaising with other non-medical and medical faculty in the office and hospital to guarantee high quality treatment of patients.
- Keeping informed of the latest advances in women's health.
- Working in a method that is reliable with health and safety practices, especially concerning the handling and disposal of bodily fluids and sharps.
- Doctorate in Medicine (M.D.) or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (D.O.) from an accredited school
- BC/BE OBGYN
- Excellent communication skills and bedside manner
- Authorized to work and practice in the United States
- Previous experience in OBGYN practices preferred
- Active Medical License in the State of Virginia preferred
- 1 shift in the hospital and 3 days in office
- Required to rotate throughout all 5 locations
Compensation & Benefits:
Consistent with our belief that our providers are our most valuable resource, Advantia & Physicians & Midwives offers a competitive compensation package, including possible partnership opportunities, health, dental, vision, and 401k with employer match.
Apply for OB/GYN Physician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly