Medical Director Center for Health Equity
This position is responsible for promoting and coordinating research and education around Health Equity within the Organization. This position is responsible for the strategic vision, long term planning, direction and overall accountability for Ochsner Health s Center for Health Equity to include all activities related to health equity for Ochsner Health. Working collaboratively with the Dean of Medical Education and Dean of Research while reporting directly to the Chief Academic Officer. The position involves convening, engaging, developing, and establishing relationships with community partners to increase health equity initiatives. The position, in collaboration with the development group, will support efforts to drive philanthropic contributions for academics at Ochsner.
- Required: Doctor of Medicine
- Preferred: Graduate degree Masters Public Health or related field
- Experience establishing and executing health equity priorities; creating and building novel programs; and, leveraging the resources of the office to accomplish the long-range strategic health equity goals for a health system.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to set priorities, analyze data and think systematically
- Understanding of a complex, mission-oriented health network
- Ability to manage people with integrity and build trust
- Experience building interdisciplinary partnerships
- Evidence of mentoring junior physicians, postdoctoral fellows, and medical students
- Evidence of successful history of grant support
- Ability to work self-directed and motivated
- Demonstrating sound judgement in complex situations and in the resolution of conflict and good organizational skills.
- Must have computer skills and be proficient with Windows-style applications, various software packages specific to the role.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present information clearly and professionally.
- Communicates and interprets organizational and divisional mission, goals and objectives to all areas of responsibility
- Provides leadership and direction in the planning, budgeting, implementation, and ongoing improvement of all areas of responsibility.
- Assesses and reports all metrics used in evaluating and benchmarking Center of Health Equity efforts and communicating achievements of the enterprise internally and externally.
- Coordinates and aligns a public health ecosystem with a shared public health agenda
- Develops Innovative healthcare delivery models
- Collaborates with appropriate stakeholders to advance the Center for Health Equity
- Provides oversight of strategic plan and partnerships with address social determinants of health Economic stability, improving health and healthcare access, improving social and community environments, creating access to high-quality education, improving the neighborhood and the built environment
- Communicates successes and support philanthropic efforts for health equity across the health system
- Develops a culture to reduce disparities within the Health System by following the Roadmap to Reduce Disparities Linking Quality to Equity, creating a Culture of Equity, Diagnosing the Disparity, Designing the Activity, Securing Buy-In, Implementing Change
- Develops diversification of health care providers and support team
Apply for Medical Director Center for Health Equity
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly