Physician - Palliative Care
As the multi-specialty group practice for the faculty of the University of Minnesota Medical School, University of Minnesota Physicians has more than 950 physicians and 1,600 health professionals, providing clinical care in over 100 specialty and sub-specialty areas. Our mission is three-fold: delivering exceptional patient care, advancing medicine through research, and training the next generation of health professionals. University of Minnesota Physicians is seeking a Palliative Care Physician to join a growing Palliative Care Team in the Eastern Suburbs of St. Paul, Minnesota. Practice Details: The Palliative Care Program at M Health Fairview is one of the first palliative care programs in Minnesota. We are developing new models of collaboration with six hospitals and nine clinics, and growing our services across our integrated academic health system. The program has been designated as a Palliative Care Leadership Center by the Center to Advance Palliative Care since 2003 and includes interdisciplinary inpatient services and outpatient clinics. Highlights of the opportunity includes:
- Provide palliative medicine consultation and education for our inpatient and outpatient clinic programs at M Health Fairview, which includes community and academic medical centers.
- Join a full interdisciplinary team of palliative care social workers, chaplains, advanced practice providers and physicians.
- The position will be will be based at St. Joseph's in St. Paul, MN, with a secondary work location at St. John's Hospital in Maplewood, MN. May rotate to other MHealth Fairview Hospitals based upon census.
- Full time (1.0 FTE) position (40 hours/week)
- Hours: Monday - Friday, 8am to 5pm.
- Call: TBD.
- Provides inpatient visits, care, assessments, consultations and follow up for palliative care patients. Will see a variety of patients with chronic illnesses, except no pediatric patients.
- Communicates with patients and families to explain diagnosis, procedures, expected diagnostic or therapeutic treatments and prognosis.
- Collaborates, consults and communicates with a multidisciplinary team of healthcare providers and staff throughout the continuum of care.
- Fully integrated electronic medical record (EPIC) is utilized.
- Market competitive compensation.
- Comprehensive benefits package: generous time off, annual CME allowance, malpractice insurance with tail coverage, retirement contributions, relocation & more.
- Graduate of an accredited ACGME residency program and completion of a palliative medicine fellowship (preferred)
- Must be board certified/board eligible in Hospice & Palliative Medicine.
- Licensed or ability to obtain Minnesota Board of Medical Practice Licensure.
- Ability to obtain/maintain DEA certification in the State of Minnesota
- Meet threshold criteria/qualifications for Credentialing and Privileges
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional collaboration abilities with partners and staff.
- Understands and places importance on patient care/service.
- Detail oriented and self-motivated
- Education focused and a creative problem-solver
Apply for Physician - Palliative Care
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly