We are excited to announce that we are expanding our team at Montefiore Nyack Hospital in order to provide 24/7 in-house coverage for our patients. The ideal candidate will be an experienced, board-certified critical care physician dedicated to providing the highest level of care for ICU patients. Qualified candidates can expect to see a mixture of medical, surgical, cardiac, and neuro patients in the ICU.
Montefiore Nyack Hospital is a 391-bed, Level II trauma center located just north of New York City in the quaint community of Nyack, NY. Since 1895, their mission has been to provide competent, innovative, and accessible emergency and acute care for their patients. Today, Montefiore Nyack Hospital is proudly affiliated with the Montefiore Health System and continues to evolve to meet the needs of those that call Rockland County home. The hospital is set to expand its cardiac services by the end of the year, increasing the overall acuity of the ICU patient population. As an award-winning Certified Stroke Center, Montefiore Nyack Hospital has dedicated specialists and resources to expedite care for stroke patients. Montefiore Nyack Hospital is also a rotation site for medical students from Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine.
- Team of 4 physicians and 2 advanced practitioners
- 19-bed ICU; medical, surgical, cardiac, and neuro patients
- 12-hour shifts (modified block schedule); 7pm - 7am
Montefiore Nyack Hospital has received numerous designations and awards for their dedication to the community. They have also been recognized for their dedication to quality care from various private, state, and federal agencies. The hospital is focused on the future and providing the highest level of care for its patients. To that end, Montefiore Nyack Hospital is undergoing a Care Transformation Project that includes a new and expanded Emergency Department and Medical Village with plans to continue their renovations in the coming years.Commitment to Our Clinicians
Sound Critical Care is a physician established and led group that partners with community hospitals to manage and improve ICUs nationwide. We ensure that physicians have the time and resources needed to deliver compassionate care that measurably improves quality and lowers the cost of healthcare for patients in the communities we serve. Our culture promotes physician autonomy, mastery, and purpose. Physicians have the ability to effectively participate in the process of change management within the community hospital ICU setting.
- MD or DO; 2+ years of critical care experience required
- Must be BC or BE in critical care medicine and be able to obtain a New York license
- Eligible to work in the United States; Not a J1 visa qualified area.
- Ability to work as a team member
- Must have a commitment to excellence in clinical service, be forward-thinking and demonstrate problem-solving abilities necessary in this environment
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform all technical skills in the critical care setting
Nyack is a beautiful suburban village situated 20 miles from New York City along the beautiful Hudson River Valley. Home to a variety of shops and cafes, Nyack offers it's residents the relaxed atmosphere of an eclectic walkable community with easy access to the city.
Apply for Intensivist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly