Brain Injury Physiatrist Baltimore, Maryland
Brain Injury Physiatrist – Baltimore, Maryland
Excellent Leadership and Teaching Opportunity!!
About Sinai Hospital and the Rehabilitation Center
Sinai serves the people of greater Baltimore as well as national and international patients. Its renowned Centers of Excellence provide specialized, advanced care by teams of experts. Additionally, Sinai’s Bio-Incubator gives emerging biotech and health sciences companies lab space and access to leading physicians.
As a nonprofit teaching hospital, Sinai provides training for more than 140 residents and 400 medical students yearly. With 483 beds, Sinai is the largest community hospital in Maryland. Our department has 15 Physiatrists, 12 residents (4 per year), and 1 APP deployed across the health system and is the sponsoring institution for the PM&R residency training program.
From developing pain management strategies and treatments to prosthetics and wheel chairs, the providers at Sinai Hospital’s department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation pride themselves on working to give patients the freedom to return to work, their family, and to life.
We have excellent relationships with our colleagues from neurology and neurosurgery!! We provide a wide array of inpatient and outpatient services with many specialized programs to meet the needs of the community and allows the doctors to follow patients throughout the continuum of care. The practice consists of physiatrists, resident physicians, therapists, neuropsychologists, social work, and many CRRN certified nurses in a state-of-the art facility.
The outpatient programs include Medical Guidance and Treatment for Performing Artists, Pain Management Services, Prosthetics, Orthotics and Shoe Clinic, Neuro Rehabilitation and Brain Injury, Electrodiagnostic Services, Spasticity Clinic, Function Plus Program, And Chronic Pain management.
If you have these qualifications please apply immediately!
- MD or DO from an Accredited Medical School
- Completion of an ACGME/OGME accredited Physiatry Residency Program
- Brain Injury Fellowship preferred but will consider at least 3 years of experience with inpatient brain injury rehabilitation.
- BC/BE ABPM&R
- Ability to Successfully obtain a MD medical license & DEA license
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Must work well in a team environment.
- Ability to prioritize the patient/family experience and rehabilitation outcomes.
Seeking a highly engaged leader for inpatient Brain Injury Rehabilitation Center
- Oversee the CARF accredited Friedman Neurological Rehabilitation Center (FNRC), one of the region’s most advanced facilities offering acute level inpatient neurological rehabilitation
- Consult in the acute hospital on diagnoses related to acquired brain injury
- Make referrals for the appropriate next phase of rehabilitation which may include not only admission to the FNRC unit but to other levels of care within the Health system
- Patients seen in consultation may become your patients on the rehab unit which is part of our PM&R Bold continuum of care initiative, our longstanding continuity of care model
- Other levels of care in the health system are staffed by Physiatry colleagues from the department
- Outpatient clinic is in the planning stage where long term care of your patients may include oversight of outpatient therapy, admission to our RETURN! outpatient community re-entry program, spasticity management, and interaction with our division of Rehabilitation Engineering when personalized devices may be required
- Lead the inter-disciplinary team by committing to and understanding the best practices of team work
- Insure an excellent patient experience and optimal rehabilitation outcome are priorities.
- Enjoy the reward and challenge of teaching future physiatrists in our full- time PM&R residency program
- Will have spasticity management opportunities
- Call schedule approximately every 7 weeks – residents take in house call as well
This opportunity offers many perks including full benefits, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs), free parking, 403(b) retirement plan, 457(b) Deferred Compensation Plan, Life Insurance, comfortable doctors lounge stocked with drinks and snacks, and employee discounts. LifeBridge also has discounted memberships for our employees at our 70,000 square-foot award-winning Health and Fitness center!!
Apply for Brain Injury Physiatrist Baltimore, Maryland
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly