Obstetrics & Gynecology (OB/GYN) Residency Program Director
Parkview Health, a not-for-profit, community-based health system serving a northeast Indiana and northwest Ohio population of more than 895,000, is seeking a Founding Program Director to develop an Obstetrics and Gynecology (OB/GYN) Residency Program (4 residents per year). As the region’s largest employer with more than 13,000 employees, Parkview Health includes an extensive network of primary care and specialty physicians and nine hospitals, with the Parkview Regional Medical Center campus a regional destination for specialized care.
This is an opportunity for an experienced OB/GYN Residency Program Director to build a program that will fill a vital need and have significant impact on the quality of care delivery and health outcomes of this population. Backed by strong leadership and Board support, Parkview Health has invested significant resources towards the development of more than ten residencies during the next five to seven years.
The successful Program Director will be a confident, visionary leader with the maturity, integrity, knowledge, and cultural sensitivity to inspire, develop, and recruit strong faculty and residents and advance collaborative relationships with community partners.
The Program Director must possess the required specialty expertise, as well as documented educational and administrative abilities, to carry out the responsibilities of the role and to achieve the goals and objectives of the OB/GYN Residency Program at Parkview Health.
- M.D. or D.O. degree or equivalent.
- Board Certified by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology or hold credentials deemed equivalent to Certification by the ACGME’s Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency Review Committee.
- Experience as a core faculty member in an ACGME-accredited OB/GYN Residency Program.
- Demonstrated clinical competence as a practicing OB/GYN Physician.
- At least three (3) years of educational or administrative experience.
- Must be appointed in good standing with the Parkview Physicians Group.
- Have unrestricted credentials within Parkview Health and be licensed to practice medicine by the State of Indiana.
WHY CHOOSE PARKVIEW HEALTH?
- Parkview Health named Top 15 Health Systems in 2020 by IBM Watson Health™.
- The region's largest employer, serving the communities since 1878.
- Parkview Health has a Moody’s Bond Rating of Aa3.
- Parkview Health named Most Wired® for sixth consecutive year.
- Parkview Health has been named Best Places to Work in Healthcare by Modern Healthcare.
- Parkview Health named one of America’s Best Employers by Forbes Magazine.
- Multiple Parkview hospitals included in 100 Top Hospitals® list, also earn Everest Award.
- Three Parkview hospitals recognized among the 2019 Best Places to Work in Indiana.
- Magnet status.
- Comprehensive Stroke Center.
- Certified Level II Adult and Pediatric Trauma Centers.
- Accredited Comprehensive Cancer Center.
- Accredited Chest Pain Center.
- Parkview has the region’s only CyberKnife® System.
- As the second-largest metropolitan area in the state, Fort Wayne offers an urban education setting that’s rich with medical resources and full-time faculty.
- Fort Wayne, the region’s hub consistently ranks as one of the best places to live in the United States and boasts some of the nation’s lowest cost of living.
Salary and academic rank for this position will be commensurate with the applicant's experience and academic background. Parkview Health offers an excellent benefits package including generous paid time off, retirement benefits, etc. A comprehensive benefits package is included.
Apply for Obstetrics & Gynecology (OB/GYN) Residency Program Director
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly