Physician - Pediatrics - Nephrology Job in Detroit, MI
Children s Hospital of Michigan and University Pediatricians are actively seeking an additional Pediatric Nephrologist to join their esteemed program in Detroit, MI. The Nephrology program at Children s Hospital of Michigan is ranked among America s best in the U.S. News & World Report s 2020-2021 Best Children s Hospitals rankings and has ranked in the top 50 programs in the nation for the past 10 years.
- Full-time, employed position with academic/teaching opportunities
- 80% clinical and 20% teaching and administrative time
- Inpatient and outpatient responsibilities
- Beeper call while on inpatient service (will also cover all transplant calls)
- Precepting of medical students, Pediatric residents, and Pediatric Nephrology fellows
- Opportunities to participate and mentor in clinical and academic research, educational and quality improvement projects as well as collaboration with researchers through affiliated universities
- Access to over 30 Pediatric sub-specialties
About the Division:
The Division of Pediatric Nephrology is currently comprised of six physicians, dedicated clinic and dialysis nurses, pharmacists, a dietitian, transplant coordinators, and social workers. The program also offers ACGME accredited fellowship training in Pediatric Nephrology.
The service has an inpatient unit, an advanced in-center hemodialysis unit with private child-friendly stations, and at-home peritoneal dialysis for both acute and chronic kidney disease; and offices for outpatient consultation and follow-up. For children with chronic kidney disease, multidisciplinary patient care is provided with the help of highly trained physicians and a very comprehensive support staff.
The Pediatric Nephrologists on the medical staff provide 24-hour service for inpatients, and emergency telephone consultations from community hospitals, practitioners and chronic renal patients. The Pediatric specialists provide care for thousands of children year at Children s Hospital of Michigan, Children s Hospital of Michigan-Troy, and six ambulatory sites.
- MD or DO required
- Board certification or board eligibility in Pediatric Nephrology
- An interest and/or experience in Critical Care Nephrology and research desired
- Ability to obtain licensure in the state of Michigan
How to Apply:
If interested, please submit a copy of your current CV and contact information for immediate consideration.
All inquiries and personal information will be kept confidential.
Apply for Physician - Pediatrics - Nephrology Job in Detroit, MI
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly