Atlantic Medical Group -part of Atlantic Health System is a physician-led and physician-governed organization that delivers the highest quality health care, at the right place, the right price, and the right time. We are a multi-specialty physician group with more than 900 doctors, nurse practitioners and physician assistants at over 380 locations throughout New Jersey.
Atlantic Medical Group would like to hire an Orthopedic Surgeon - to join a multi-speciality Atlantic Sports Center practice - the position will provide inpatient and outpatient services in an office based and hospital setting. The Physician will be affiliated with Morristown Medical Center .This position will report to the Chief Medical Officer of Atlantic Medical Group and the Chair for the Department of Orthopedics. The site currently has a Sports Orthopedic Surgeon and a Primary Care Sports Medicine Physician.
- Establish good working relationships with primary care physicians and other specialists and all other potential referral sources.
- Create a culture of service and excellence with staff, referral sources, patients and peers.
- Contribute to quality patient outcomes and assure compliance as set forth by Atlantic Health System, the Atlantic Health System Orthopedic Service Line, the Department of Orthopedics at the medical centers, or other designated group or agency.
- Provide orthopedic call coverage.
- Maintain collegial and collaborative relationships with peers at admitting hospitals and academic medical centers in order to meet the needs of the patients identified for referral for the purpose of tertiary or quaternary care.
- Provide Atlantic Medical Group with all the necessary documentation for the billing of services at all practice locations in a timely and thorough manner.
- Participate actively in efforts to standardize equipment, supplies and processes in the Operating Room and in the provision of services in all patient care settings.
- Participate actively and enthusiastically in programmatic initiatives to maintain and enhance the Orthopedic Services of the Department of Orthopedics at the medical center(s) and to develop and contribute to the reputational success of the Department.
- Ensure that orthopedic specialty services in general orthopedics and total joint surgery are accessible to subscribers of all insurance plans accepted by the hospital.
- Participate in appropriate professional societies and accrue CME credits to fulfill medical center as well as licensure requirements and participatory qualifications for all insurance plans.
- Attend and participate in all orthopedic meetings, subspecialty conferences and business meetings as appropriate.
- Participate in community education and scientific programs as may be delegated or assigned to the orthopedic surgeon by the Atlantic Medical Group.
- Conform to protocols and evidence based guidelines for the appropriate care of all orthopedic patients.
- Maintain appointment at Atlantic Health System medical center(s) with adherence to the Medical Staff Bylaws per departmental and staff meetings as required by the medical center.
- Provide consultations at the request of Attending Physicians and patients at appropriate Atlantic Health System medical center(s).
- Develop and maintain a robust clinical surgical practice.
- Board Certified or Board Eligible -
- Fellowship trained
- Certification by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
Apply for Orthopedic Surgeon
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly