Physician - Administration-Administration - Management
Medical Director Care Coordination /Physician Advisor
Banner University Medical Center Tucson
EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY TO JOIN THE GROWING TEAM OF PHYSICIANS WITH BANNER HEALTH - BANNER UNIVERSITY IN A NON-CLINICAL LEADERSHIP ROLE - Full-Time Opening Currently Available.
This position acts as a Physician Advisor to ensure the appropriate and efficient medical management of cases while assuring the quality of care is upheld as it relates to the primary and secondary review process. A qualified candidate will provide guidance on an individual case and aggregate level to cultivate efficiency related to patient care delivery and provide medical case review, utilization, and quality review and provides recommendations, advice, and liaison services concerning quality and cost-effective patient care.
Qualifications and Essential functions include:
- Experienced Board Certified Physician, minimum 5 years practice experience (especially hospital-based practice experience)
- Solid understanding of hospital throughput and designations of inpatient status, observation service, and extended recovery.
- An understanding of medical protocols and criteria and how they impact status determination
- Understanding of clinical protocols, reimbursement challenges, and managed care principles
- Ability to perform as a Physician Advisor to ensure the medical management of cases and quality of patient care
- Working knowledge of Electronic Health Records (EHR), experience with excel and clinical documentation
Banner Health and the University of Arizona Health Network have come together to form Banner – University Medicine, a health system anchored in Phoenix and Tucson that makes the highest level of care accessible to Arizona residents. At the heart of this partnership is academic medicine – research, teaching, and patient care – across three academic medical centers.
Banner University Medical Center - Tucson
- Nationally recognized for providing exceptional patient care, teaching future health-care professionals, and conducting groundbreaking research.
- The hospital's physicians are full-time faculty of the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Tucson
- Our specialty services include comprehensive heart and cancer care, advanced neuroscience techniques, and a multi-organ transplant program.
- Diamond Children's Medical Center is located on the campus providing specialized pediatric services including neonatal and intensive care, emergency medicine, and cancer therapies.
- We are Southern Arizona's only Level 1 Trauma Center, caring for the most critically injured patients.
Tucson provides a host of professional opportunities, cultural amenities, and recreational activities such as:
- Majestic mountains in every direction and breathtaking sunsets
- K-12 educational options and the academic excellence of the University of Arizona
- Endless sunshine with no humidity, fresh air, and easy access to the sand and surf of San Diego and Mexico
- Moderate cost of living
Banner Health’s Total Compensation package includes:
- Competitive salary
- Paid occurrence-based malpractice
- Paid CME
- 401k retirement plan with 4% match after one year of service
- Excellent benefit package options that provide security for you and your family
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Banner Health recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds. BUMG is an EEO/AA - M/W/D/V Employer.
Facility & Location InformationBanner University Medical Center - Tucson
1625 N. Campbell Ave, Tucson, AZ 85719 Physician - Administration-Administration - Management
Apply for Physician - Administration-Administration - Management
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly