Division Chair - Rheumatology
You are invited to partner with the nation’s best hospital (U.S. News & World Report 2019-2020), ranked #1 in more specialties than any other care provider. Practicing at Mayo Clinic provides a rewarding career that promotes excellence in patient-centered care. You can thrive in an environment that supports innovation and has a wealth of resources available to you – including an integrated EMR and collaboration with top specialists – to give your patients the quality of care you want to achieve.
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer Mayo Clinic is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any employee or candidate. Women, minorities, veterans, people from the LGBTQ communities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply to join our teams. Reasonable accommodations to access job openings or to apply for a job are available.
Division Chair – Rheumatology
Mayo Clinic is searching for an innovative leader to further its world class division of Rheumatology at its Destination Medical Center (DMC) in Florida. Mayo Clinic founders provided the vision of distinction and passion for innovative thinking and excellence which established Mayo's legacy. The Department of Medicine, Division of Rheumatology will continue its drive to provide the highest level of expertise through innovation and research in order to fulfill current and future patient needs. Exceptional patient outcomes, innovative thinking, groundbreaking procedures and therapies along with collaborative teamwork are the foundation of the division.
The Division Chair of Rheumatology will be accountable for driving innovation through cutting edge procedures, capitalizing on technology, advancing progressive research, and educating future infectious disease physicians. She/he will be responsible for achieving exceptional patient outcomes, financial and growth objectives in addition to actively recruiting and retaining top talent to advance Mayo’s mission.
* Invigorating vision and strategy to innovate and grow the Division of Rheumatology in Florida as a DMC partner
* Prioritize business strategies to position the division for the future
* Drive innovation across Practice, Education, and Research
* Foster collaboration across the organization to provide the best patient outcomes
* Effective management
* Recruit top tier staff to sustain Mayo Clinic’s vision of being the most trusted partner in healthcare
* Partner with the Center of Individualized Medicine in order to develop cutting-edge treatments for our patients
* Partner with the Kern Center for the Science of Healthcare Delivery in order to use data-driven science to improve the quality, safety and value of health care and create better patient experiences.
Ideal Candidate Profile
* Board certified in Rheumatology
* Academic rank of Associate Professor or Professor is highly preferred
* Evidence of continued academic and scholarly activity
* Proven successful leader
* Strong understanding of the clinical practice
* On-going practice innovation
* Adept at mentoring junior staff
* Ability to build relationships and networks globally
* Recognized as an expert in their field
* This is a leadership position which requires the ability to effectively develop others, recruit and retain talent and have an understanding/appreciation for creating and supporting diverse teams.
* Individual will be based in Florida
Inquiries can be sent to Connie Carlin, Physician Recruiter at email@example.com. Please include CV, letter of interest and three (3) letters of recommendation with your application.
Jacksonville is the largest city in area in the continental United States. A beautiful coastal Florida city that features excellent year-round climate, over 20 miles of beaches and outstanding outdoor recreational, cultural and family-oriented amenities. The “River City by the Sea” has an excellent school system, reasonable cost of living and a thriving business environment. Medical professionals and patients are drawn to Jacksonville by an extraordinary network of high-profile healthcare facilities. Jacksonville continues to grow as more people relocate from all over the U.S. and abroad, to see what the great River City has to offer!
Apply for Division Chair - Rheumatology
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly