Service Chief Geriatrics or PM&R Physician
Service Chief Geriatrics or PM&R Physician
Kansas City, MO
Clinical Service leadership over PM&R, Geriatrics, HBPC, PT/OT, Speech Pathology, and Interventional Pain. Reports to the Chief of Staff. 50% administrative time, rest of time split between clinical, education and research. Research protected time is available based on research grants potential. The KCVA is a 1b complexity tertiary care facility serving over 57,000 veterans and is a referral center for veterans from Eastern Kansas and western Missouri catchment areas.
- The Chief of Geriatrics and Extended Care is responsible for overall operation, oversight and performance measures of all Geriatrics and Extended Care operations at the VA Eastern Kansas Health Care System
- Responsibilities include planning, developing and directing administrative and clinic functions of the Geriatrics and Extended Care service.
- Candidates must possess the skills to interact positively with the VA Eastern Kansas Health Care System's leadership team to lead and promote staff excellence, staff development, with experience in an academic setting.
- This position provides administrative, clinical, and programmatic leadership for the service to ensure achieved performance measures
- Oversight of Community Living Centers (sub-acute rehabilitation, hospice, and memory care services), Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Language Pathology, Audiology, Recreation Therapy, Hospice and Palliative Care programs, Geriatric Primary Care Services (GeriPACT), Pain Management, and Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Services, and includes clinical practice and oversight responsibility for residents
- The position reports directly to the Chief of Staff and serves as a clinical resource for the Executive Leadership Team. Outstanding interpersonal skills are essential, as the successful candidate will lead a multidisciplinary staff in the delivery of excellent health care to our nation's Veterans.
(Basic/Preferred Quals): Board certification in PM&R, Geriatrics, or Interventional pain medicine. 3 years of clinical leadership experience such as section or division chief, or similar academic leadership experience.
* Proposed Compensation Range: $240,000-$300,000 based on specialty and pay table
* Incentives Offered? yes
* Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP): Yes
* Call Coverage (list nature and frequency): Home call only, very limited utilization/need
* Academic Affiliated (faculty appt. available): Yes
* Practice Environment/Description: Outpatient
Work Schedule/Tour of Duty: Monday-Friday 8-4:30
- Competitive salary and annual performance bonus!
- Guaranteed salary increases!
- Full benefits (see below)
- Licensure: 1 Full and unrestricted license from any US State is permissible to work at these facilities
- CME benefits
- Malpractice: free liability protection with tail coverage provided
- No physician employment contracts!
- Performance Pay end of each year.
Whether you're interested in academics, research, or a better work/life balance, you'll find the VA has a lot to offer, including the unmatched satisfaction you'll get from caring for those who have served our country. In addition to competitive pay and liability protection, the VA also offers a robust benefits plan that includes:
Paid Time Off:
- 26 Days paid annual (vacation/personal) leave – you can carry over up to 86 days into a new year
- 13 Days paid sick leave per year with unlimited carry over! Unused sick leave can be used to extend creditable service time at retirement!
- 10 Federal holidays with pay
- Possible 5 Days paid Authorized Absence to attend CME
- Health Insurance: VA employees have an outstanding number of health insurance plans from which to choose (premiums are partially paid by VA)
- Dental & Vision: Our insurance options also include exceptional vision and dental plans (premiums are partially paid by VA)
- VA employees have the option to use Flexible Spending Accounts, which allow you to use tax-free dollars to pay for medical, dental, and vision care expenses that are not reimbursed by your health insurance plan
- Term life insurance, family, and additional coverage options are available with the cost shared by the Federal Government.
- Long-term care insurance is available as an option
Federal Retirement Plan:
- VA employees are covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). FERS is a three-tiered retirement plan composed of 1) Social Security benefits; 2) FERS-FRAE basic benefits (pension); and 3) Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is a 401K-type plan
- How is the pension funded? VA employees hired after January 1, 2014 automatically contribute 4.4% of their salary each pay period and the VA contributes 8.3% of the employee's salary each pay period for a total annual contribution percentage equal to 12.7% of the employee's salary
- Similar to the 401(k) savings plans widely available in the private sector, the TSP allows employees to tax defer a portion of their income each year, subject to the requirements of the Internal Revenue Service. For calendar year 2016, employees under the age of 50 may contribute up to $18,000, while those over age 50 are eligible to make catch-up contributions that allow them to defer up to $24,000
- The Federal Government also provides an automatic basic contribution (1% of salary) and up to 4% of salary in matching contributions, depending on the amount of the employee contribution
- For retired military personnel, these benefits are in addition to full monthly retirement pay or pension
- In addition to FERS, VA provides health care insurance coverage for retired personnel
- Disability Retirement
Employees are vested in a federal pension after only 5 years' service
National Healthcare Recruitment Consultant
National Healthcare Recruitment Service, NHRS, (10A2A7)
Human Resources Operations and Oversight (HROO)
Workforce Management and Consulting (WMC)
Veterans Health Administration (VHA)
Cell/Office Phone: 615-854-1540
Apply for Service Chief Geriatrics or PM&R Physician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly