OBGYN Weekend Nocturnist
The Dartmouth-Hitchcock Manchester/Bedford Obstetrics, Gynecology & Nurse Midwifery team is seeking a BC/BE OB/GYN Weekend Nocturnist to join a busy practice with six other board certified OB/GYN physicians, six hospital-based certified nurse midwives and four outpatient advanced practice practitioners with a supportive administration group. The nocturnist will provide weekend night coverage, provide in-hospital labor and delivery care, will be responsible for evaluating and treating patients presenting to the Emergency Department with routine obstetric and gynecologic problems, as well as serving as a teacher for our residents.
Our group covers one busy community hospital providing comprehensive obstetrics, gynecology & nurse midwifery services with a 24/7 CNM Hospitalist service for patients in the Bedford/Manchester region of New Hampshire performing 1,100 deliveries per year with an integrated midwifery service.
The model of care at our Women’s Health Center is to provide care with physicians, CNM’s, APRN’s, Genetic Counselors and D-H subspecialists in one office offering comprehensive obstetrics, gynecology and midwifery care with on-site imaging and access to OBGYN subspecialists.
Opportunity Highlights Include:
- Engaged physicians and staff who are invested in optimal patient outcomes and satisfaction
- Cohesive, competent and energetic group of physicians, nurse practitioners and midwives with a shared philosophy of care
- Practice group that is committed to provide high quality and evidence based care
- Unwavering commitment to provide exceptional care for the economic and socially challenged high risk population in the community that we serve
- Caring and professional staff of nurses, medical assistants and secretaries
- Supportive administration, quality care and a focus on provider and patient satisfaction (I removed excellent call schedule since this job is all call coverage)
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock resident education opportunities available
- Integrated Dartmouth-Hitchcock multi-specialty referral network, including eConsultation
Our office practice offers:
- Collaborative on-site consultative services with board-certified subspecialists in Maternal Fetal Medicine, Gynecologic Oncology and Urogynecology
- Wide-range of office based procedures including diagnostic hysteroscopy
- American Institute of Ultrasound Medicine (AIUM) certified imaging services with
- 3 machines, fully staffed with ultrasound technologists
- Licensed genetic counselors
- Certified laboratory services
- The community hospital where we deliver care has: Family-centered care with 12 LDRPs
- 1,100 deliveries per year
- Level II Maternal Care (> 32 weeks)
- Level IIB NICU with 24/7 Special Care Nursery provider coverage (“neonatal couplet care”)
- Robotic technology with da Vinci Surgical System
- 24/7 anesthesia coverage
The Dartmouth-Hitchcock health system stretches over New Hampshire and Vermont and offers the quintessential New England experience. With no income or sales tax, this beautiful area combines history, industry and business and has been ranked consistently as one of the best places in the US to live and work. Anchored by the academic Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, NH, the system includes the NCI-designated Norris Cotton Cancer Center, the Children’s Hospital at Dartmouth-Hitchcock; 4 affiliated hospitals and 30 Dartmouth-Hitchcock ambulatory clinics across the region. With destinations like Boston, New York, the Seacoast, the Lakes Region, White Mountains and ski country within driving distance, the opportunities – both career and personal – truly make New Hampshire the ideal place to work and play.
- Board Certified/Board Eligible in OB/GYN
- Must obtain and maintain a medical license in the State of NH
Dartmouth-Hitchcock is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply for OBGYN Weekend Nocturnist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly