Orthopaedic Surgery- Sports Medicine Summa Health, Akron, Ohio
Orthopaedic Surgery- Sports Medicine – Summa Health, Akron, Ohio
Summa Health Medical Group is seeking a Board Certified/Board Eligible Sports Medicine Surgeon to join our rapidly growing employed Orthopaedics team. We currently have 12 surgeons in all specialties, 5 fellowship trained Primary Care Sports Medicine physicians, and 8 Advanced Practice Providers. We are looking for a highly motivated and team oriented Sports Medicine surgeons to work collaboratively to help advance our Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine Institute to the next level as we expand and grow. The practice will be entirely focused on sports surgery including hip arthroscopy. The position is a 1.0 FTE although we would consider a candidate with research experience and interest for a 0.8 clinical/0.2 research. Trauma/ED call is optional.
Summa Health Medical Group is a multi-specialty group practice of 350+ physicians employed by the Summa Health System. Comprised of 2 hospitals and over 20 health centers, Summa Health is one of the largest integrated Healthcare Delivery Systems in the state. Our team has an efficient outpatient center and plans for additional Ambulatory Surgery Centers.
- Board Certified/Board Eligible in Orthopaedic Surgery
- Fellowship in Sports Medicine
- Unrestricted Ohio licensure or willingness to obtain
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Commitment to quality care in a patient centered, team-based environment
- Employed position offering competitive compensation, benefit package and incentives such as sign on bonus, student loan assistance and relocation
- Active involvement in medical student, resident and fellow education. Summa Orthopaedics is a privademic center with 4 residents per year and 2 primary care sports medicine fellows.
- Strong coordination of care between PCP, Pain Management, Rheumatology, Radiology, OR
- Non-surgical sports medicine offerings include PRP, Stem Cell, Iovera, Tenex, etc.
- Epic System’s EMR
Rising from the rolling hills of the Western Reserve along the Ohio & Erie Canal, Akron is a vital heartland city at the center of multiple major transportation routes, only 40 minutes from Cleveland, and 1.5 hours to both Columbus and Pittsburgh. Akron is surrounded by lush greenery and adjacent to Cuyahoga Valley National Park. Akron and its surrounding communities offer affordable living, a vibrant arts scene and world class shopping. Northeast Ohio offers many quality primary and secondary education options.
EOE/AA Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
Summa Health is a tobacco-free workplace and has a nicotine-free hiring policy.
Apply for Orthopaedic Surgery- Sports Medicine Summa Health, Akron, Ohio
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly